**** Watford FC vs Brighton and Hove Albion - Official match thread ****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
poor opening quarter when we were lucky to stay in it but last minute changes cannot have helped. We have certainly come back into the game more in the second quarter with Tanno's influence being key. If we can keep it steady for the opening ten minutes or so of the second half I think we might be able to get something out of the game and in the circumstances - losing a key player in the warm up for the second game running and then losing our player of the season so far - that would be commendable. Nick a win no matter how fortunately and we will be 7th (if only for a while given opponents' games in hand) with points on the board and the international break nearly upon us. Thank heavens for the travelling faithful getting behind the team.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
and some people are blind to the obvious. Are we so good in defence that we can "rest" a player who is being touted by top clubs and just been called up on stand by for the under 21's??????

Blind to the obvious?? Ffs u just like making things up on feeling no evidence get a grip man

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and some people are blind to the obvious. Are we so good in defence that we can "rest" a player who is being touted by top clubs and just been called up on stand by for the under 21's??????

If Dunky isn't playing the scouts cannot report back to their clubs on his progress.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Exactly fella
Pre gus we would be 3/4 down tonight. 0-0 at half time is NOT bad. I wish some fans would have more faith in the overall plan for our club rather than overnight success.

We can't keep basing everthing on how crap we were a few seasons ago etc when I started watching the club we had just been relegated from what would now be the premier league.

The club is a million miles from where it was a few seasons ago and Gus is instrumental in that but that does not mean he is some sort of god.

We have not won in eight and our form is a bit worrying.

Gus has made some strange decision lately and is not immune to a bit of discussion on the internet about his decions. No one wants him out and no one is going to start shouting for his head at game in the near future.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Uncle C, people on NSC can say what they want, but by being on here, during a game, we are not supporting the team. We're just following a match. Negative comments on here, during a game, have absolutely no effect on the teams performance. Poyet is hardly likely to be shouting out quotes during the game (although the way he is behaving at the moment). I've never said anything negative about the Albion whilst at a game, but i'm entitled to say what i want here.
And, whilst i'm at it, negative comments after the game are far detrimental. This thread gets lost down the page but moaners after the game have a presence for hours and days.

Well most of us are here to share our support for the team during the game, so do one eh.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Apologies, I will revert to form very soon!

Where is the cat btw? We need her support to spur us on!

she is around but has passed the buck to her soulmate Harry as she cannot be bothered ...personally I think she has realised she is Welsh

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Christ almighty, haven't really been on NSC much for a month or so but I can't believe the negativity of some people on here. We are still 10th in the league at the start of this game and whilst we don't sound good tonight, a win will take us up to 7th in the league! I think some people just have ridiculous expectations for this season and actually think we SHOULD be challenging for promotion this season. I think we have some quality players and if we do have a good season we have the potential to finish in the top six but seriously, people seem to think that our current position isn't good enough!

If anyone doesn't think that a mid-table finish would be a great result on what is a work in progress under Gus Poyet, you need your head checking!
Post of the season. Sensible and realistic. Gus and co have transformed the Albion from perpetual League 1 losers to a mid table Championship team in such a short space of time, yet it's still not good enough for some....

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We have so often been a different team in the second half (sometimes better, sometimes worse, but not often the same as in the first half!) - so let's see what happens in the next 45, all aboard the rollercoaster

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Now they're saying Bridders was taken off because of an injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports