Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Watford FC vs Brighton and Hove Albion - Official match thread ****

lichfield seagulls

Sep 13, 2008
lichfield~by~the~sea
Christ almighty, haven't really been on NSC much for a month or so but I can't believe the negativity of some people on here. We are still 10th in the league at the start of this game and whilst we don't sound good tonight, a win will take us up to 7th in the league! I think some people just have ridiculous expectations for this season and actually think we SHOULD be challenging for promotion this season. I think we have some quality players and if we do have a good season we have the potential to finish in the top six but seriously, people seem to think that our current position isn't good enough!

If anyone doesn't think that a mid-table finish would be a great result on what is a work in progress under Gus Poyet, you need your head checking!

Good post that man

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There's more to it than meets the eye,,,,,don't get me wrong I am firmly in Gus's camp. But that does not mean he is above any sort of reproach. It's not only most the player's who have not a lot of experence at this level. Neither has Poyet, but don't anyone dare say it ffs.

Why not save your depressing comments till after the game, or are you not a supporter?

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
Christ almighty, haven't really been on NSC much for a month or so but I can't believe the negativity of some people on here. We are still 10th in the league at the start of this game and whilst we don't sound good tonight, a win will take us up to 7th in the league! I think some people just have ridiculous expectations for this season and actually think we SHOULD be challenging for promotion this season. I think we have some quality players and if we do have a good season we have the potential to finish in the top six but seriously, people seem to think that our current position isn't good enough!

If anyone doesn't think that a mid-table finish would be a great result on what is a work in progress under Gus Poyet, you need your head checking!
Exactly fella
Pre gus we would be 3/4 down tonight. 0-0 at half time is NOT bad. I wish some fans would have more faith in the overall plan for our club rather than overnight success.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Drawing with an established Championship team, away from home, whilst on a winless Run, missing half a team through injury.

Yeah, what a CRISIS of a match.

F**king idiots, some people.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I am firmly in Gus's camp.

So am I as long as we can get some results. I'm a B&HA supporter and will be so a long time after Gus has gone ... so we're 10th or could be 7th or whatever, but surely we should be putting teams like this away

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
9 shots for Watford to our 2. Very very poor. I am gonna stick my neck out, we have absolutely no chance of 3 points tonight. Taricco on for Bridcutt, totally bizarre decsion

Painter might be carrying a knock from early in the 1st half , Bridders would have been the sacrificial Pawn with Tanno coming on as a Rook.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Drawing with an established Championship team, away from home, whilst on a winless Run, missing half a team through injury.

Yeah, what a CRISIS of a match.

F**king idiots, some people.

Glad your here Matt. I'm begining to think I'm on my own!!

Gus will give a brilliant team talk and we'll see how we react. I think we'll need a Harley freekick to break the deadlock.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Why not save your depressing comments till after the game, or are you not a supporter?

Uncle C, people on NSC can say what they want, but by being on here, during a game, we are not supporting the team. We're just following a match. Negative comments on here, during a game, have absolutely no effect on the teams performance. Poyet is hardly likely to be shouting out quotes during the game (although the way he is behaving at the moment...). I've never said anything negative about the Albion whilst at a game, but i'm entitled to say what i want here.
And, whilst i'm at it, negative comments after the game are far more detrimental. This thread gets lost down the page but moaners after the game have a presence for hours and days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here