Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Watford FC vs Brighton and Hove Albion - Official match thread ****

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One thing that annoyed me about your promotion last season is that you went the whole season without getting any serious injuries to your key players.
KLL looked like our best player before he missed most of the season through injury.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
who is co commentator ? sounds liek a cross between Tuffers and Trevor Brooking...

Gary Chivers

Sent from my iPhone using that Tappy talky thingy

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We beat Watford in the cup a one off game when we were full of confidence.

We have played well at the start but the truth is our players can't maintain that form in this league against bigger fitter and better organised teams.

We are kidding ourselves if we think we can pass teams in this league off the pitch with the current squad.

Cook being sent out on loan was a mistake and not prioritising defenders in the close season was a mistake. Tanno is not the answer and never has been.

Watford have missed a lot of chances so here's hoping we make them pay.

I'm sure Gus will have us right in January with Tony's backing.

sensible post

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Tanno only has to last two thirds of a game and where is your factual evidence that Poyet has fallen out with Dunk?.

I remember Tanno coming out of retirement, having not played for 6 years and then playing 120 minutes for us. The guy has a serious engine.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Tanno only has to last two thirds of a game and where is your factual evidence that Poyet has fallen out with Dunk?.

There's more to it than meets the eye,,,,,don't get me wrong I am firmly in Gus's camp. But that does not mean he is above any sort of reproach. It's not only most the player's who have not a lot of experence at this level. Neither has Poyet, but don't anyone dare say it ffs.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Christ almighty, haven't really been on NSC much for a month or so but I can't believe the negativity of some people on here. We are still 10th in the league at the start of this game and whilst we don't sound good tonight, a win will take us up to 7th in the league! I think some people just have ridiculous expectations for this season and actually think we SHOULD be challenging for promotion this season. I think we have some quality players and if we do have a good season we have the potential to finish in the top six but seriously, people seem to think that our current position isn't good enough!

If anyone doesn't think that a mid-table finish would be a great result on what is a work in progress under Gus Poyet, you need your head checking!

another sensible post

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Christ almighty, haven't really been on NSC much for a month or so but I can't believe the negativity of some people on here. We are still 10th in the league at the start of this game and whilst we don't sound good tonight, a win will take us up to 7th in the league! I think some people just have ridiculous expectations for this season and actually think we SHOULD be challenging for promotion this season. I think we have some quality players and if we do have a good season we have the potential to finish in the top six but seriously, people seem to think that our current position isn't good enough!

If anyone doesn't think that a mid-table finish would be a great result on what is a work in progress under Gus Poyet, you need your head checking!

Certainly my gripe has nothing to do with our current squad, at all. I'm delighted with the players we do have. Just surprised at some of the decisions being made. Poyet is a f***ing inspiration, but he's not perfect. Still, he'll learn.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Thought Tanno had retired - making more comebacks than Frank Sinatra.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tappy talky thingy

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
half time and time for the cats medication....................and I might have some myself

Sep 1, 2010
9 shots for Watford to our 2. Very very poor. I am gonna stick my neck out, we have absolutely no chance of 3 points tonight. Taricco on for Bridcutt, totally bizarre decision

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Gus will sort it out. Still think we are going to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here