Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford away good draw for us.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I'm quite pleased with this draw! Its been a good few years since we've been to Watford, and we should take atleast 3000 and make some cracking noise!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think it's a crap draw! Really disappointed.
I don't know how many NSC'ers on here remember our cup game up there in 1984, but that had to be the worst away trip ever!!!!
The police were very intimidating (nasty bunch) and we were packed like sardines in our end.
Then the police, in their wisdom, decided to push us all from the back and we were crushed against the barriers. It was pretty frightening and I vowed never to go there again. One of my worst awayday experiences ever!
We laughed at the fact they used to call it a family club.
Whatever it used to be, family-friendly it wasn't!

I realise that the ground may have changed over the years but things like that stick in your mind forever.

I remember it well Daffy......also did you piss all over my leg in a drunken stupor?.....someone did

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hilarious people going on about them being a friendly family club; neve had so much shit as last time we played there from their homophobic, Neanderthal, wankhole fans.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Got to be honest I think it's a perfect draw for us, good test against championship side, also no shame to go out to them.

More importantly though it's not a tie that's going to distract the players, with Southampton and Huddersfield with big ties might be a chance for us to extend our lead over them while their minds are elsewhere

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Got to be honest I think it's a perfect draw for us, good test against championship side, also no shame to go out to them.

More importantly though it's not a tie that's going to distract the players, with Southampton and Huddersfield with big ties might be a chance for us to extend our lead over them while their minds are elsewhere

Good point.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
5 pound tickets on the train.
An away day of drink and merriment.
An opportunity to see how we fare against a DECENT championship side.
Whats not to like you moany old bastards.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This sums up for me what I think is one of the worst draws we could have got. I suppose it could have been worse could have been away to Bolton or Blackburn.

We stand very little chance of winning even with all the first team playing, The train journey takes ages for such a short distance and the pubs and people of Watford are the worst possible. If you drive the parking is a nightmare and it may have changed but you used to have to hike all around the allotments to get into the away end.

I see your point but it all depends on how you look at it. Yes, we could have got a lot better draw and I was slightly frustrated at first but looking at it I think it is not that bad. It is a local game which we should get a good ticket allocation for and also have another chance to test ourselves against a Championship team. It should be an interesting game which offers us a chance to possibly make Round 5.

Also, having got Watford we might as well look at the positives rather than going on about it being a bad draw.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
God bless NSC - I came to have a look, thought this draw was a pile of shit, but now feel it's just a bit rubbish. We will probably lose and make sod all moolah out of it, but I guess geographically it's ok. Anyone who seriously think it's a great draw really needs to gag on my balls

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Never mind our draw, Southampton drawing Manure is brilliant for US. Their minds will be on that game and their concentration in the league might waver a little bit giving us an advantage!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
watford were one of the teams to avoid i would have thought but will give the team a good idea of what they can expect from an in form championship side i suppose,if we get past them we will know we are on the right track.

Mr Apples

Jack Scrumpy
Aug 9, 2007
In The Orchard
At least I would have thought it's pretty much guaranteed to be a 3 o'clock kick off on the Saturday. No traipsing 250 miles or more for an early Sunday kick off or anything like that - yet.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
God bless NSC - I came to have a look, thought this draw was a pile of shit, but now feel it's just a bit rubbish. We will probably lose and make sod all moolah out of it, but I guess geographically it's ok. Anyone who seriously think it's a great draw really needs to gag on my balls

You just cant get enough...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
On reflection - it may be a good draw as it isn't big enough to have the players thinking about it endlessly and risking poor form in the next 3 weeks fo league games.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Went to see Watford at home to Cardiff when I was at home over Christmas. They looked outstanding going forward - the right-winger, Buckley, skinned Lee Naylor so much Cardiff took Naylor off after 30 minutes. They had a couple of decent loan players who I'm guessing may not be able to play against us.

I think it's an okay draw - as others have said, a fair test of what we should come to expect if we get promoted.

Watford is a bit of a hole but there are some reasonable pubs if you do your research.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A lot of people on here are talking a load of rubbish! A crap draw is Dover Athletic from the Conference South getting to the 3rd round for the first time in their history and getting Huddesfield away. That is a crap draw. Watford away is an 'okay' draw, not brilliant, but not a stinker either. Good test, easy to get to, good atmosphere, good chance to go through.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Never mind our draw, Southampton drawing Manure is brilliant for US. Their minds will be on that game and their concentration in the league might waver a little bit giving us an advantage!

Somehow doubt that................................don't get why you're all saying 'great test for us next season' , promotion isn't a given, still half the season to go, not just a one off against an average Championship side. Already shown one of them the door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here