Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford away good draw for us.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It's reasonably close, it's a better test than the tax dodgers. Not a glamour tie but could have been far worse IMHO

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A good draw would have nailed a player like Harley.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
From our point of view its a tough game as you guys are flying and probably going to be a Championship side next season.

Sounds like you will bring a good number (be about 2,500 I think because one stand is closed)

Good luck before then!

It all depends on what sort of team Gus decides to put out.

The League is the priority and we have a game on the Tuesday after (Orient), so I can see Gus resting a lot more first team regulars for this game than he did for yesterday.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
You're still top 6 though, do you think you'll play a full strength team?

Watford will see it as a great chance to get through, so I'm sure they'll play a full-strength side. They'd be mad not to, as would we if we played Chesterfield.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
a winable draw, am looking forward to it, not been there so another one of the list

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK 15% it is cue binfest coming up - good thing I know several Watford STHs from work

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite happy with that draw. Personally never been there (unbelievably), and although they may be 6th in The Championship, that looks to be more down to their away form (W6 D2 L4) than their home form (W5, D4, L3). Be a good test for us to where we want to be, and if we are on top of our game I reckon we could get a result.

Looking forward to it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Hopefully the Watford fans wont be up for it then

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It all depends on what sort of team Gus decides to put out.

The League is the priority and we have a game on the Tuesday after (Orient), so I can see Gus resting a lot more first team regulars for this game than he did for yesterday.

Why would he rest more first team regulars? The main reason he put in reserves in the first two rounds was because he felt that they should have beaten the opposition. I don't think he'll change more than two or three as per yesterday.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I wouldn't be surprised if Gus puts out a weaker team. Saints won't be able to resist putting out a full strength squad in the vain hope they can show what a big team they are. Hopefully they will get battered and demoralised. We put out a weaker team, lose and then go on to romp the league, while Saints f*ck it up and miss out on the playoffs!! (I know, I'm getting carried away now).

Falmer Forever

Jan 5, 2011
Its an alright draw wouod of rather a big team
This will be a real test if we can cope with championship standerd and if we r good enough
They beat Hartlepool 4-1 but had to come behind

Its basically Make or break:vuvu2:

:amex::falmer:

Sussex 'orn

Jan 9, 2011
Watford fan based in Brighton here, so obviously a great tie for me!

Our 'standard' away allocation is half of the north stand, so 2,200. Due to FA cup rules, should you wish to take your entitlement to 15% of our capacity (roughly 17,000 currently) then you will be given the whole end (just under 5,000) which is good for all involved as it means a better atmosphere.

Our home form has picked up recently and we're currently looking good, however currently injuries and the return of loan players has left us with a tiny squad. Against Hartlepool we dropped Graham and Loach, but otherwise played a full squad, 12 of the 18 having come through our academy.

With this match at the end of the transfer window we're likely to be a totally different side with the potential loss of the Manager, Graham, Loach and other key squad players.

I do the Watford - Brighton journey every time we're at home, and it's easy (engineering works permitting). Normal journey time of 1h40mins, with a 20 min walk from Watford junction (10 mins to the high street and pubs). I'd recommend coming by train as parking in Watford is a challenge.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to the banter with my mates down here! A draw and a replay down here would suit me perfectly! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not the glamour tie we were hoping for.
But its a good test to see where we are at, a good trip against a good championship side.

Im happy with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here