Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford after Knockaert

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Not to say that i would want any of the aforementioned players to leave. And i accept that at this level every player has a price, but Kayal/Stephens are definitely the two that i would worry the most about if they were to go.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not to say that i would want any of the aforementioned players to leave. And i accept that at this level every player has a price, but Kayal/Stephens are definitely the two that i would worry the most about if they were to go.

Agree with that. Although I think Stockdale is a key player, we've not seen Maenppa yet, so he might be a good replacement, and we've done okay recently without Bong, although he was great in the first few months of the season. I'm not too worried about Knockaert. He's on a very long term deal so it would have to be a ridiculous offer to sign him and, if March comes back on schedule next year, we're going to have a lot of wingers to keep happy with Knockaert, Murphy, March, LuaLua and Skalak (that's not to say I want Knockaert to go, just that we have more options in his position).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We need to keep the squad together like Boro did last year!

Exactly this - Can't think of anyone significant Boro lost that they wanted to keep..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They'd have probably liked to have had Bamford for another year.

Ah yes if you talk loans he's have been the big one. I'd really like to see our lads stick together at least another year if we don't go up as the team plays some terrific stuff and the squad has a tremendous balance in it...

I think I'll wait until after the Play Offs before getting worried about this, and even then I trust Tony to only sell if the right price is offered.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think I'll wait until after the Play Offs before getting worried about this, and even then I trust Tony to only sell if the right price is offered.

Absolutely. And, in terms of the original post, I'm sure that Watford (and every other Premier League club) have got loads of players they are watching. It doesn't mean they are going to buy the player, or even put an offer in. I'd be surprised if bottom half clubs aren't watching our players as we are one of the best teams in the Championship.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
To be honest, I'm so stressed thinking about what might be this season that I can't even compute the thought of a player exodus in the Summer [puts head back in the sand]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Report in today's Sun newspaper stating Watford will be in for him if we do not make the Premiership.
A figure of £5 million detailed in report.

I got to 'The Sun' bit and lost interest. I don't remotely believe it as plausible as it sounds.

A wonderful job that would be. Pick a team suited to a players strengths and link him with it. Easy.

WBA set to bid £6.5m for Kayal. 20 pages.. .

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Rather wait and see where we are in the summer than start panicking now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If they weren't good enough for promotion this season, why would next season be any different?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
We're fing doomed! We'll be back in league one soon and having to play at Withdean, having 'done a Darlington' and got rid of the Amex. #Kayal and Goldson Must Stay

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like a classic agent-driven story to me. 'Take it from me, Watford may be interested if Brighton stay down'. Makes their player look in demand, can't even blame the journalist as it's a decent source and may turn out to be true. It's just very, very far from 100 per cent gospel truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here