Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford 24 away goals in 12 away games

JamieMcGinlay

Nov 28, 2012
Watford have scored in every away league game this season accept from 1 against Blackburn.

In total they have scored 24 league goals in 12 away league games.

Some of there most impressive away wins this season

Leeds 1-6 Watford
Palace 2-3 Watford
Sheff Wed 1-4 Watford
Charlton 1-2 Watford
Huddersfield 2-3 Watford

Brighton defence has to be on top tomorrow or it looks like we are f***ed.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Watford have scored in every away league game this season accept from 1 against Blackburn.

In total they have scored 24 league goals in 12 away league games.

Some of there most impressive away wins this season

Leeds 1-6 Watford
Palace 2-3 Watford
Sheff Wed 1-4 Watford
Charlton 1-2 Watford
Huddersfield 2-3 Watford

Brighton defence has to be on top tomorrow or it looks like we are f***ed.

But we have the McSmudger goal machine

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We have conceded the 2nd least amount all season, so our defense is solid.

Id be more worried about our lack of goals at the moment - thats a real problem, not the defense which is proven solid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really hoping that Gus doesn't set up the team in fear and make us look like the away team. He needs to show conviction in his own team, at home, and with a noisy supportive rocking stadium set us up to GO at Watford from the kick off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why should we fear them? We have a good record against Watford in the last 2 years including an FA cup win.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why should we fear them? We have a good record against Watford in the last 2 years including an FA cup win.

Have we?
2010/11
Fa Cup - 1-0 win on the back of 6 wins in 7.

2011/12
Away 0-1 loss - one of the two worst performances of the season (6-0 to west ham) with an average nsc rating of 3.88 out of 10. Coming on the back of an 8 game winless run.
Home 2-2 draw - average rating of 5.80 comments such as "Bridcutt, Calderon, CMS and Buckley are the only players last night who can be happy with their performances" (Marshy), "CMS was dreadful. ... The shot across the goal in the second half when clean through was woeful, the scuffed shot when through in the first half was a player with little confidence, the header in the second half should have been buried." (On Teddy Maybank) "I sit on the half-way line in the WSU and last night was the first time all season, home and away that I have been moved to vocalise dissatisfaction at the team's (first half) performance. " (Scunner) "Overall, I thought the first half was really bad. Coming off a 6-0 loss you're looking for a reaction from the players and it just never came. It really felt like they didn't want to win, no fight, no reaction, passes going astray, no strength on the ball. Every clearance blocked by them, none of their clearances blocked by us. We improved in the second half, but it still wasn't great. We were hoofing it too much for my liking. I'm not sure we deserved the draw, but don't think Watford deserved to win, either." (Me)

2012/13
Away 1-0 win, with a decent 6.61/10 average rating.

Our performances aren't great against them, and results are decidedly average. On the other hand, this match is televised What's our televised record like?

Leeds - 2-2 draw
Swindon 3-0 loss
Liverpool 6-1 loss
Wrexham required penalties to win
Leeds 3-3 draw
Liverpool 2-1 loss

I can't remember what other games we had televised, other than going all the way back to Poyet's first game in charge v Southampton, which was a good result.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Have we?
2010/11

2011/12
Away 0-1 loss - one of the two worst performances of the season (6-0 to west ham) with an average nsc rating of 3.88 out of 10. Coming on the back of an 8 game winless run.
Home 2-2 draw - average rating of 5.80 comments such as "Bridcutt, Calderon, CMS and Buckley are the only players last night who can be happy with their performances" (Marshy), "CMS was dreadful. ... The shot across the goal in the second half when clean through was woeful, the scuffed shot when through in the first half was a player with little confidence, the header in the second half should have been buried." (On Teddy Maybank) "I sit on the half-way line in the WSU and last night was the first time all season, home and away that I have been moved to vocalise dissatisfaction at the team's (first half) performance. " (Scunner) "Overall, I thought the first half was really bad. Coming off a 6-0 loss you're looking for a reaction from the players and it just never came. It really felt like they didn't want to win, no fight, no reaction, passes going astray, no strength on the ball. Every clearance blocked by them, none of their clearances blocked by us. We improved in the second half, but it still wasn't great. We were hoofing it too much for my liking. I'm not sure we deserved the draw, but don't think Watford deserved to win, either." (Me)

2012/13

Our performances aren't great against them, and results are decidedly average. On the other hand, this match is televised What's our televised record like?

Leeds - 2-2 draw
Swindon 3-0 loss
Liverpool 6-1 loss
Leeds 3-3 draw
Liverpool 2-1 loss

I can't remember what other games we had televised, other than going all the way back to Poyet's first game in charge v Southampton, which was a good result.

The Newcastle game last season was on tv as were our cup replays against Woking and FC United but overall we don't have a great record on tv since Poyet took over.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The Newcastle game last season was on tv as were our cup replays against Woking and FC United but overall we don't have a great record on tv since Poyet took over.

Weren't the Sunderland, Liverpool (home) and West Ham games on telly too? I definitely remember the gutsy 1-2 v Liverpool was on. Think possibly the others.

This 'on tv' stuff is rubbish anyway. I saw a stream of us at Blackpool and palace and we seem to be on a dodgy foreign betting channel most weeks. What difference does it make?!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have we?
2010/11

2011/12

2012/13

Leeds - 2-2 draw
Swindon 3-0 loss
Liverpool 6-1 loss
Leeds 3-3 draw
Liverpool 2-1 loss

2 wins, 1 draw and a loss. Only one negative in that, or maybe I'm still a half full glass type of person?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2 wins, 1 draw and a loss. Only one negative in that, or maybe I'm still a half full glass type of person?

The performances weren't great (other than the FA cup win) and both wins came on the end of winning runs (while watford were bottom half), whereas the draw and loss were on the back of winless runs. How's our form?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The performances weren't great (other than the FA cup win) and both wins came on the end of winning runs (while watford were bottom half), whereas the draw and loss were on the back of winless runs. How's our form?

About the same as when we beat Southampton 3-0 at home this time last season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
About the same as when we beat Southampton 3-0 at home this time last season.

And the same as when we lost to Watford last season.

EDIT: Wow, I sound negative. I don't actually put much stock in patterns (if I mention them, it's generally ironic), but I am posting this to explain why some people are worried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here