Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waterhall - Coronavirus - warning to any other scaremongering trolls

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Anyone else been past Waterhall this afternoon and seen the Army mobilizing? It looks like we are heading for full lockdown same as Europe very soon.

They are constructing enclosures. Not sure if morgues or testing centres.

Get your shopping in asap.

Why would you post this
People are scared times are difficult and unprecedented.
This type of post does nothing to help anyone except increase anxiety and panic
It could happen let’s hope not
Your post has made my piss boil with anger at you
you are a complete helmet for posting
I want you banned.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Has NSC replaced random transfer speculation with random coronavirus speculation?

I must say I think I prefer the transfer speculation. Particularly when there's a nice WAG involved and we stalk our potential signings movements for days. The coronavirus scaremongering on the other hand is a bit shit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not really, when you think about it TB. At no point did I mention the Waterhall fairy story. I was talking about increased military intervention/enforced controls/martial law.

You didn't but others have. I haven't heard any official talk of martial law. It is all speculation.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This is just the sort of useful public information required in these difficult times. :rolleyes:

If there is one lesson already being learned from this its that people should be held accountable for publishing this sort of stuff online. Worth reviewing once this is over.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
.....and, funnily enough, there have been queues round the various blocks as punters in the US panic buy..... you guessed it ..... guns!

FFS.

As I said on another thread a couple of days ago, the US really hasn't changed in the last 100+ years. Some really nice people, but as a society there's so many things wrong with the country.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Has NSC replaced random transfer speculation with random coronavirus speculation?

I must say I think I prefer the transfer speculation. Particularly when there's a nice WAG involved and we stalk our potential signings movements for days. The coronavirus scaremongering on the other hand is a bit shit.

This and this with fecking big bells on. Except for the 'bit shit' more like very....

I'm not a conspiracy theory subscriber but I'm starting to think wtf is really going on here...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone else been past Waterhall this afternoon and seen the Army mobilizing? It looks like we are heading for full lockdown same as Europe very soon.

They are constructing enclosures. Not sure if morgues or testing centres.

Get your shopping in asap.

It's still called Asda, isn't? (Other supermarkets are available).

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Just seen this on the BBC New website

False reports of tanks and troops in the UK

Social media and WhatsApp in Britain are buzzing with pictures and videos of troops and tanks, purportedly showing them moving in and around London - you may have received the images too. But the pictures are not what they seem, report our colleagues.

One image shows military vehicles driving along a road, and some people on social media claim it’s showing preparations around London. But the vehicles are driving on the right-hand side of the road. The photo first appeared on online in Ukraine earlier in the week and are at least three days old – they only surfaced on British social media accounts yesterday.

In another photo, which appears to show tanks under covers, the number plates aren’t British.Emergency planning is taking place in the UK but beware rumours circulating online. The Telegraph reported that the capital might be locked down “by the weekend”. Ministers say that there are no plans to do this at the moment but Boris Johnson said he would “rule nothing out” when asked about a possible London shutdown.

As always, be cautious about what you see on social media and WhatsApp.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
MESSAGE FROM MODERATOR, to all:

Given that the opening post has transpired to be made up scare-mongering bullshit, the poster has received a long ban from NSC.

As will anybody posting anything similar.

It isn't funny, helpful or welcome.

Please don't do it.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
So I have not been panic buying but being a responsible citizen but when I get to Sainsbery's on Saturday I am going to find the shelves empty? Well I hope you panic buyers are feeling proud of your full pantries.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
So I have not been panic buying but being a responsible citizen but when I get to Sainsbery's on Saturday I am going to find the shelves empty? Well I hope you panic buyers are feeling proud of your full pantries.

Same as us. We need baby food too. I hope the restrictions dont apply to that otherwise I'm going to be somewhat unhappy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The argus has mentioned false reports of troops setting up camp in Whitehawk

The Argus fell for that lie hook, line and sinker.

07FACFFB-D5F8-43FF-8C24-9DD6922916F1.png

There’s a cottage industry just now of ********s getting a kick out of making up bulls*it.

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
It's twats like you causing this hysteria FFS. It's a bad flu virus FFS, not the plague or the Black Death come back

Did you know that 'normal flu' kills 150 people a day in the winter in the UK and 650,000 annually in the world?

If Health systems fail death rates climb towards 20%, Black /death killed 30%. Normal flu kills 600 in a winter, the exceptional winter was 13,000, Italy is on track to pass that total in about a month. Its Fatality rate is 8.3% and climbing.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can a mod delete this thread because the title and content still looks like scaremongering, but keep the warning live

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If Health systems fail death rates climb towards 20%, Black /death killed 30%. Normal flu kills 600 in a winter, the exceptional winter was 13,000, Italy is on track to pass that total in about a month. Its Fatality rate is 8.3% and climbing.

Are you really sure flu only kills 600 a year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here