Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

water meters,how does that affect you?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
We're definite winners with a meter. Two of us in a 2 bedroom flat without a meter was £400 a year, now in a 3 bedroom house and with a meter and it's £120 a year.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We're definite winners with a meter. Two of us in a 2 bedroom flat without a meter was £400 a year, now in a 3 bedroom house and with a meter and it's £120 a year.

But not a lot of friends I guess.....................and a lot of money on deodourant?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Saved loads by changing to a water meter - 4 adults at home but also changed habits as well to get the most benefit. :)

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
But not a lot of friends I guess.....................and a lot of money on deodourant?

eh? Just explaining to the OP that water meters can make you quids in, even if you use the same amount of water. Nothing to do with sanitary habits.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Our predicted bill year £1300 a year,WINNERS OR LOSERS????

2 years ago i had no metre at my old house. when i moved to my new house which is the same size and had a metre my bill doubled. that was with us cutting down because of the metre!! it then tripled after 8 months!! complete rip-off

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Just got My first bill and pay by DD £42 monthly same as before meter fitted. 3 bed house two bathrooms two kids.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
2 years ago i had no metre at my old house. when i moved to my new house which is the same size and had a metre my bill doubled. that was with us cutting down because of the metre!! it then tripled after 8 months!! complete rip-off

Don't see it can be a rip-off unless your readings are wrong, you're paying for what you use.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I fit water meters and do water efficiency, and a lot of household water is wasted through wc cisterns not set up properly or misused .
If you have a handle flush toilet you can convert some siphons by taking a little blue or black plug out just below the stem that goes up and down to the handle. If not get yourself an Eco beta.

Really easy to install and will save you a shit load of water over a year. Basically you can set it up just to use a litre or two of water for just having a p!ss, rather than the 6-9 litres normally.

If anyone's interested I sell these, they range from about £12 - £20 , but will do them cheaper on here. Pm for details.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You surely mean having showers instead of baths saves you money? On water and gas/electric.

You don't need to completely fill the bath with water , 8 inches will do , 2 people can use the same water.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here