Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watching the game with a Palace fan

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
But that's true of any game, if you take your chances the game becomes easier.If we had scored first they would have had to come out and that would have created gaps. Today we didn't have many clear cut chances because Palace didn't try to play.
It is frustrating dominating games like this and not winning, but we are probably a striker and bit of luck away from hammering someone.

Which is another thing we've been saying for 12 months!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which is another thing we've been saying for 12 months!

Did you not find the Newcastle game uplifting? Thing is, as an Albion fan, at this level the taking apart of teams is going to be a rare occurence as is beating the top six. But feck me, isn’t it fantastic when we do

I know a few City and Liverpool fans and their arrogance and entitlement is sickening. It won’t happen but I am not convinced I’d like Albion to be a mega rich club buying success and actually expecting it. I doubt I’ll get the chance to find out though :lolol:

As I’ve said before, we could be at our zenith, it may never get better than it currently is being an Albion fan :shrug:

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Under Hughton, we'd be looking at the points tally and opposition we've faced thus far, and think that a tally of 4 points from 5 games is pretty good going given the fixtures we've had.

The fact that we're all disappointed to have the points tally that we have just goes to show how far we have come. Someone else has already said it, we've had 3 away fixtures and the two we've had at home were against top-class teams. We've only been comfortably beaten by the team currently sitting second in the league, and we should, on the balance of play, have at least 3 more points on the board, if not more.

Should we have scored more goals than we currently have? Yes, absolutely. But we have scored 9 goals in 5 games so far, by no means a tragedy. We've scored more than both Arsenal and Man City so far this season! We're not struggling to create chances, we just need to be more selfish and shoot when the opportunity presents itself.

If we can combine this with a little more grit and better game management, we could be onto something incredibly exciting.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Did you not find the Newcastle game uplifting? Thing is, as an Albion fan, at this level the taking apart of teams is going to be a rare occurence as is beating the top six. But feck me, isn’t it fantastic when we do

I know a few City and Liverpool fans and their arrogance and entitlement is sickening. It won’t happen but I am not convinced I’d like Albion to be a mega rich club buying success and actually expecting it. I doubt I’ll get the chance to find out though :lolol:

As I’ve said before, we could be at our zenith, it may never get better being an Albion fan :shrug:

That was excellent - we play every game like we're 2-0 up after 10 minutes but in that one we actually were!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Palace, long term, have big, big problems.

They have an ageing (and very highly paid) squad, and an aged manager with dinosaur like thoughts and tactics (see also their backroom staff) and their ground is not fit for PL football in the 21st Century.

Although they clearly have some talented players, they set up in such a defensive way (and with such defensive mind setup too ) that they just cannot release the potential of their strikers, especially Zaha, who clearly has lost all interest in playing for them - he's made that clear in the summer and now making he's making it very clear on the pitch. Apart from the penalty did he actually do anything - anything at all?

Their plans to expand the ground and build a new stand have come to a complete standstill - although why they want to build only one new stand when the Arthur Waite is also on its last legs and will have to be pulled down in a few years anyway.

Their Chairman (and the American investors) are clearly only in it for the money - after what must be 8 years, exactly what do they have to show for being in the PL?

Brighton have a better:

Owner
Manager
Squad
Ground
Academy
Training Ground
CEO
Relationship between Board and Fans

I know which club, long term has the (far) better and more secure future.

Palace probably won't go down, (we can hope they do but they do have enough quality to keep them up) but IF they were to be relegated it really doesn't look good at all for them. Not good at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here