Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watching the game in Smugglers last night ........

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Jan 30, 2008
This is why DR football is generally regarded as the last bastion of the braindead and regarded with contempt by a lot of society. In any other sport people , even feirce rivals sit in the same stand without fear of having their head battered in if they support another team. That is why football is a dinosaur as the rest of the World has moved on.
in an ideal world but this is an absolute piss take :angry:
regards
DR

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
in an ideal world but this is an absolute piss take :angry:
regards
DR

Move on DR. I like you. You are not the person you try and pretend you are but this anger is just NOT healthy for you. Let it GO !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
er, that was exactly the point I was making.
You might have been trying to make that point, but you inadvertently made said that it was hard to back it up toe to toe, as if that's what they wanted to do.
You omitted this vital point of my post. Please quote the whole post I make in future.
I was well aware what the other part of your post said, as is anyone else that can be bothered to read this thread. I quoted the bit I wanted to reply to, because you were giving a mixed message.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You might have been trying to make that point, but you inadvertently made said that it was hard to back it up toe to toe, as if that's what they wanted to do.
I was well aware what the other part of your post said, as is anyone else that can be bothered to read this thread. I quoted the bit I wanted to reply to, because you were giving a mixed message.

I have no time for the pondlife of bhafc and cpfc they are all pathetic wankers in my book. It really is quite absurd. No wonder people look down on football supporters as some of them live in the dark ages.

Jan 30, 2008
Move on DR. I like you. You are not the person you try and pretend you are but this anger is just NOT healthy for you. Let it GO !
I'M NOT PRETENDING TO BE ANYONE, I CONTROL MY ANGER AND CHANNEL IT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION :rant: .........................and relax , i'm a nice bloke but aren't we all ???
regards
DR

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'M NOT PRETENDING TO BE ANYONE, I CONTROL MY ANGER AND CHANNEL IT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION :rant: .........................and relax , i'm a nice bloke but aren't we all ???
regards
DR

Carrying this anger on from the 1970's cannot be good for your health and that is my primary concern. Let it go !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
how would you feel wearing flared trousers :(
regards
DR

I used to wear flared trousers and begged my mum to buy me a pair of platform shoes as I wanted to look like the guys in Slade and the Sweet in 1976 but would I wear them now ? Probably not. You are in the same timewarp my friend. It is not the 1970's anymore the World has moved on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
yep it was d/ ???

I couldnt believe it, the moment they started singing sarf londaan lalala, I thought security or bha or beer or :safeway: would have been on em pronto but nope none of that.

They'll be larging it up today I bet

Where is this Smugglers you speak of ? The Smugglers return in Worthing or the Smugglers Roost in Rustington or maybe another Smugglers ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
IN BRIGHTON then, and they didn,t get any stick. Good job you weren't,t down there then Bully.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Not sure what it would have been like if either team scored, but at 0-0 it was just harmless banter flying back and forth. It was a good atmosphere in there and us Brighton fans were making enough noise to drown them out most the time.

G_bedson

May 5, 2013
We were next to the palace fans and I think they just added to the atmosphere... A bit of banter is exactly what football rivalries should be about... It's only a small minority of fans who would actually want to fight other fans just because they chose to support a crap team.. I'm all for having mixed terraces like they do in rugby, but unfortunately that will never happen.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I agree it was a decent atmosphere in the 2nd half in there (Smugglers Ship Street Brighton btw) - this was clearly down to drink taking effect as it was pants at start and in first half.

As much as a few have commented about not being knuckle draggers and decnt fans shocker etc, I think that these Palarse boys must have been half looking for/expecting a ruck though as would you dream of turning up in Norwood in a pub full of Palace and started singing GOSBTS without expecting consequences ???

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think Warren Aspinall said he won MOM.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. :lolol:

ps And to think Our Norm's boots could never be filled. Then cometh the hour: Cometh The Asp. Marvelous. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here