Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watch Crawley for £10 if you're a Brighton STH

Unfortunately for Crawley it'd would take quite a lot of money to make me forget how they wouldn't let us play at the Broadfield instead of Gillingham.

I'm pretty sure that Crawley FC said yes but the council and police said no.

Either way, it's not good when they are trying to hijack non-league day.

How did I not know this? It's true??

Not the full story though - it was the council who stopped it, not the football club, so having a go at Crawley FC is a bit pointless.

Warren has missed a good reason for taking up the £10 offer - watching Shamir Fenelon play against his home town team!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It's bad enough that I have to go to Crawley to work sometimes, I'm blowed if I'm going to that shithole for leisure too; I'd rather spend the afternoon in Gaza holding up a banner saying "Hamas Tunnel Club"

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
How did I not know this? It's true??

I think it was said at the time that the local council wouldn't allow it. But that is crazy being that they now play in the football league, which shows that there were no practical reasons not to let us play there. Bear in mind that Gillingham rebuilt their ground with the money we payed them, it does beg the question why would an ambitious club like Crawley have turned that money down.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Not the full story though - it was the council who stopped it, not the football club, so having a go at Crawley FC is a bit pointless.

Warren has missed a good reason for taking up the £10 offer - watching Shamir Fenelon play against his home town team!

You're right the council were the ones who said no, but I don't think Crawley were particularly fans of it. We'll never know excatly what the motivtaion behind it was, but personally I've always felt they thought we might go out of business up at Gillingham which would then make them the biggest club in Sussex. Could be well wide of the mark with that, but let's be honest nobody ever really needs that much of a reason to dislike another team, especially a local rival.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's bad enough that I have to go to Crawley to work sometimes, I'm blowed if I'm going to that shithole for leisure too; I'd rather spend the afternoon in Gaza holding up a banner saying "Hamas Tunnel Club"

:lolol:

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009

Really.
I see you live in Eastbourne, so would have thought a day away from the smell of boiled cabbage and piss would have been a welcome relief for you.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Really.
I see you live in Eastbourne, so would have thought a day away from the smell of boiled cabbage and piss would have been a welcome relief for you.

Unfortunately it's me that smells bad so it'd be the same wherever I went. Luckily, in Crawley I'm lauded as bringing freshness to the town.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So do they want us to pretend that we hate them or pretend that we like them? Or just pretend that we care about them at all? You're sending us mixed signals here Creepy.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Really.

Really? Each time I've been to watch us at Crawley in pre-season the broad field stinks of shit.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It wasn't that long ago that Crawley were themselves non league. I did go and watch them a few times during our Gillingham days but not sure I would now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here