Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wasps!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm immune to wasp stings.

how is that?

i've yet to see any wasp this year but i recall seeing some bummble bees bonkers early around end of Feb? though not any recently.

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's about time humans eradicated this evil species from the planet. If we can eradicate hard ******* species like the black rhino, then surely these little ***** shouldn't be too much of a problem? Whatever it is that wasps do to justify their presence in the ecosystem, it isn't enough. I don't care what they eat, what they make, or what pest they keep under control, I don't care if the result of them becoming extinct results in giant aliens enslaving the human race, whatever the price is, it's worth paying. A world without wasps would be a better place, whatever the consequences. Time for us to create some kind of wasp-eating monster and release it into beer gardens everywhere in August. Let's do this.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can't believe there are so many posters who either hate or are terrified by wasps. Or both. I thought I was alone; it's hugely reassuring to find I'm not. I pretty much refuse to do picnics because of them. I just can't help myself - if I see one making a bee line (wasp line?) for me, my food-laden plate always makes a graceful arc through the air as I'm seen running away. There are only so many times you can cover your friends with assorted sanwiches, pies, quiche, piccalilli (getting turmeric out of white chiffon is apparently a bugger), pickled shallots etc, before you no longer have any.

I too would exterminate them all. Sod the consequences. In fact, I'd vote for a political party whose sole manifesto pledge was "We'll get rid of wasps. Honestly."

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I keep finding dead big waspy things on the floor in our loft room. This happens all year round and the windows aren't open. They're much bigger than wasps but always dead. What's going on there then?

I'm pretty sure that when that at least once a year the wasps kill their queen, a new one is born and flies off to make a new nest and then the normal wasps all die. Could be connected to what you're finding?

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Similar here. A stone chip hit me in the neck on the bypass at about 90 mph some years ago and stung like buggery. When I got to my destination I went to the loo, washed my hands, looked in the mirror to see a wasp embedded in my neck still moving and pumping venom into me.

No mercy from me with the buggers!

I had exactly that experience ! It came in between my full-face helmet and my leathers collar. That was about forty years ago but I can still feel it now when I think of it!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Seems like NSC is in total agreement for once. Not one dissenting voice.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I remember being on holiday in Turkey a few years back, sat round the bar by the pool when this big black and red stripey thing about the size of a dragon fly flew in. You've never seen 20 or so blokes leg it and dive into the pool so quickly in your life :lolol:

Must have been a nasty ******* as even the locals legged it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's about time humans eradicated this evil species from the planet. If we can eradicate hard ******* species like the black rhino, then surely these little ***** shouldn't be too much of a problem? Whatever it is that wasps do to justify their presence in the ecosystem, it isn't enough. I don't care what they eat, what they make, or what pest they keep under control, I don't care if the result of them becoming extinct results in giant aliens enslaving the human race, whatever the price is, it's worth paying. A world without wasps would be a better place, whatever the consequences. Time for us to create some kind of wasp-eating monster and release it into beer gardens everywhere in August. Let's do this.

drop a line to the Chinese and let them know that crushed dried wasps give you a huge erection, they will wipe them out

job done :whistle:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
My last wasp sting was on the eyelid. Very painful and a nasty swelling, looked like I'd been beaten up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here