Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wasps moving to Kent

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
WTF have ‘posh-o’s’ got to do with it, as you call them? I‘ve been to Twickers a few times and drunk like a fish, enjoyed the rugger, and then drunk some more. I’m nowhere near ‘posh’, nor is Jason Leonard or Joe Marler or Owen Farrell. If you want ‘posh’ you go for a chukka at the polo down Cowdray Park in Midhurst. What? :drink:
I'd expect the site of all those cauliflower ears wouldn't make any difference in some parts of Sussex.

Dec 29, 2011
WTF have ‘posh-o’s’ got to do with it, as you call them? I‘ve been to Twickers a few times and drunk like a fish, enjoyed the rugger, and then drunk some more. I’m nowhere near ‘posh’, nor is Jason Leonard or Joe Marler or Owen Farrell. If you want ‘posh’ you go for a chukka at the polo down Cowdray Park in Midhurst. What? :drink:
Rugby is a very middle and upper class sport.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sure Brighton could accommodate a professional rugby team. We've got enough posh-o's around Sussex that would make the fortnightly trip into the big city to have a jolly.
When was Lancing a big city? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I don't think it would do the women's team any favours to be playing on a pitch constantly churned up by the rugger bu88ers. Isn't rugby generally played on rather longer grass than football too?
I suppose grass technology is better these days although point taken.

The grass for rugby did use to be much longer, when they let you on the pitch at Twickers after a game even as late as the 90s you almost couldn’t see your foot in the long grass, but I don’t think there’s much difference these days And it seems to be cut quite low for rugby too.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
No great love for Gillingham or Crawley, but if Wasps come suggesting a groundshare, I'd hope they'd have a word with Coventry City FC before signing up.
Wasps also built a lovely academy/training ground in Henley-in-Arden. It’s now used by Birmingham City as their training ground buildings were destroyed in a fire.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What? You go to 'Twickers' and you watch 'rugger' - tell me, which part of that isn't screaming posh? :facepalm:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The only egg chasing thar should be doin' in Brighton, is when Asda reduce the chocolate ones at easter...I'll tell thee....like

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
According to a website I found myself on this week, there is "nothing worse" than a duvet cover that is too big for the duvet it's on. I do have some sympathy with that view.

I was reading the thread about this Wasps move on the Times website yesterday and some people reckon it's a non-starter. Dodgy investor, proposing to build on an AONB.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rugby is a very middle and upper class sport.
What a load of codswallop

It would be great to have top class rugby near Brighton, can't see it happening though (can't see it happening in Kent either)

Mind you, Harlequins Women have played at Horsham so there is some previous but it would be a bit of jump to get some professional men's team down here

el punal

What? You go to 'Twickers' and you watch 'rugger' - tell me, which part of that isn't screaming posh? :facepalm:
Which bit of my sarcastic, tongue in cheek post flew over your head? Seriously though, I hate the term posh or middle, working, upper class. They are outdated descriptions from decades ago. We now live in a society of haves and have nots or aspiring or non-aspiring. So by your interpretation does that mean those Albion fans that frequent the 1901 Club are ‘posh’? Innit. :drink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Which bit of my sarcastic, tongue in cheek post flew over your head? Seriously though, I hate the term posh or middle, working, upper class. They are outdated descriptions from decades ago. We now live in a society of haves and have nots or aspiring or non-aspiring. So by your interpretation does that mean those Albion fans that frequent the 1901 Club are ‘posh’? Innit. :drink:
Well, if they're there to watch the 'soccer' ............................... :)

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I was once in my local pub, had been there for a few hours and unfortunately some Rugby match was going to be shown. As the pub started to get busier a chap wearing the standard jeans and loafers barged through the crowd and stood next to me, to the point he may as well have just sat on my lap. He wanted to sit where i was sitting and felt he was entitled to the spot somehow. To make matters worse he had brought an entourage of two women that didnt know how to handle one drink and were shouting and shrieking at each other. Most of it made no sense.

As the game started and he started getting more annoyed i wasn't going to give up my seat, he took out his wallet and placed a receipt on the bar. Which he would slowly move closer towards me at different intervals. The receipt was from the cash point and showed how much money he had in his current account. He seemed certain this technique would make me leave my seat. Out of principle i sat there and endured the entire game.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
f***ing Wasps … the MK Dons of the rugby world.

Called themselves London Wasps as if they we re THE rugby club of London only to f*** off to Coventry were they marginalised Cov RUFC. They also screwed over Cov FC with ground ownership etc, something they have now done to the defunct Worcester RUFC by buying the ground. If Kent is the garden of England then this bunch of wankers are the steaming turd in the cesspit at the bottom of the garden. Tosses!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
f***ing Wasps … the MK Dons of the rugby world.

Called themselves London Wasps as if they we re THE rugby club of London only to f*** off to Coventry were they marginalised Cov RUFC. They also screwed over Cov FC with ground ownership etc, something they have now done to the defunct Worcester RUFC by buying the ground. If Kent is the garden of England then this bunch of wankers are the steaming turd in the cesspit at the bottom of the garden. Tosses!
Is that a 'no' to a season ticket then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here