Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Washing machine help!

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I have a Candy AQW 130 washer dryer that suddenly seems to have given up the ghost. It is no longer drying at all. It SOUNDS like it's working ok, the water is draining as per usual but the bloody thing isn't getting hot......a bit of a prerequisite to drying something.

Anyone got any ideas? If not, can you recommend a decent repair person round Horsham way? Cheers.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Sadly I do most of the washing in our house. Mainly due to her being 6 months pregnant. It's all downhill from here:down:

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
There may be a thermal cut out button at the rear (to stop fires if it gets too hot)
Press this button & it should start getting hot again.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
There may be a thermal cut out button at the rear (to stop fires if it gets too hot)
Press this button & it should start getting hot again.

I shall check that now. Unfortunately last time it died I got ripped off. £110 for a pair of brushes and a motor control circuit board. The bloke initially wanted £130 so to nudge him down a bit was a bonus. Might be time to get rid and buy a new one!

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Thanks for your help [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION]. Nothing on there about mine. Will call it a night and deal with it tomorrow me thinks! Cheers [MENTION=19161]PriapismBoy[/MENTION]. Im sure all will be well and come the end of October, there will be another Albion fan joining the mass ranks!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
My dryer did something similar. Mine has a plastic box (not the tech term i'm sure) at the base of the machine which slides out, this box it would seem catches water from the drying process, it was full up and just needed emptying! Also, check the air vents aren't clogged up with shite. It's not the same model as yours though, so my experience might not help at all!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I shall check that now. Unfortunately last time it died I got ripped off. £110 for a pair of brushes and a motor control circuit board. The bloke initially wanted £130 so to nudge him down a bit was a bonus. Might be time to get rid and buy a new one!

£27 for MCB
£25 for brushes

£80 call out/repair..

Not exactly 'ripped off' i'd say.. ???

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
take the lid off, there should be 2 cut outs on top of the dryer manifold.
one re-sets automatically to regulate the temperature, and the other one should have a red button, press this to re-set.
if it keeps popping out your fan may be seized, or the condenser unit blocked.
make sure the fan runs or it will just pop out again

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tAGlUUAmjxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Try this!

That did make me laugh! A new thread for a resident East End hardman?? :wrong:

£27 for MCB
£25 for brushes

£80 call out/repair..

Not exactly 'ripped off' i'd say.. ???

Ok, maybe not ripped off so much but the way he was so quick to drop the price when I queried it suggests there was still enough profit in it for him.

take the lid off, there should be 2 cut outs on top of the dryer manifold.
one re-sets automatically to regulate the temperature, and the other one should have a red button, press this to re-set.
if it keeps popping out your fan may be seized, or the condenser unit blocked.
make sure the fan runs or it will just pop out again

Right.......im not great at "man stuff" so that doesn't mean a while lot to me. There's no top lid, just the panel at the back. I shall have a rummage around later and see if I can work it out.

My dryer did something similar. Mine has a plastic box (not the tech term i'm sure) at the base of the machine which slides out, this box it would seem catches water from the drying process, it was full up and just needed emptying! Also, check the air vents aren't clogged up with shite. It's not the same model as yours though, so my experience might not help at all!

No that sounds plausible.....again, I'll have to have a root around and see if I can work it out.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here