Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was yesterday a LUCKY win?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Judging by the player ratings on the Woke BBC website all the Leeds players were better than ours…

2A336C0D-BD5B-431D-AC04-258140CE93C7.jpeg

F21D3B7C-FF1A-458C-A3F5-14CF508632C1.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We gave them the last 25 minutes, so yeah I guess we were lucky to take all the points.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As a team I thought Leeds were poor, 5/10, with lots of individual errors. Although I watch the matches through Albion tinted glasses I don’t remember any Leeds player doing anything of note other than grab, leave a foot/arm in or whinge.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Laughable.

The only luck was with Leeds for not losing by more @nd maintaining 11 players on the pitch despite persistent foul play.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So was Ian Wright wrong to big up Pascal Gross yesterday on MOTD?
Aren’t those marks done from fans’ ratings? So shows Leeds fans lack of judgement. Their goalkeeper was their man of the match, which says something.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
This is why we should get rid of the BBC , it has its own agenda, and another example of supporting the so called big clubs

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Judging by the player ratings on the Woke BBC website all the Leeds players were better than ours…

View attachment 151257

View attachment 151258
I am not sure what woke has got to do with anything, but the BBC ratings are completely pointless and actually irritating when you are trying to look at information about the game. I was at home listening on the Albion website to the game and following along on the BBC website. People start putting ratings for players after about 5 minutes into the game. I suspect about 1% or less of responses are from people who have actually watched the game given it was even on TV

As I said on another thread, when my son saw the ratings he gave all of our players a 10 and all the Leeds players a 1 just to try and even up the scores. But there were clearly a lot more 10 year old Leeds fans doing the opposite yesterday.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I don’t go along with all this DESERVED nonsense. You get what you deserve in the end.
What I do know is I didn’t enjoy that match nearly as much as I usually do watching Brighton. It’s as if they manage to bring the worst out of us.
Anyway, glad to see the back of them. They really are the Millwall of the north aren’t they.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bless them.

Joking aside though, after watching MOTD I was surprised to see that the expected goals was about even for us both (something like 1.8 each). No commentator or pundit, and neither manager seemed to see it like that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bless them.

Joking aside though, after watching MOTD I was surprised to see that the expected goals was about even for us both (something like 1.8 each). No commentator or pundit, and neither manager seemed to see it like that.

Most of that is down to the two best chances Leeds had - both would individually have had a very high Xg (the miss at the post because it was from so close, and the header/body glance that went just wide from the free kick).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not sure what woke has got to do with anything, but the BBC ratings are completely pointless and actually irritating when you are trying to look at information about the game. I was at home listening on the Albion website to the game and following along on the BBC website. People start putting ratings for players after about 5 minutes into the game. I suspect about 1% or less of responses are from people who have actually watched the game given it was even on TV

As I said on another thread, when my son saw the ratings he gave all of our players a 10 and all the Leeds players a 1 just to try and even up the scores. But there were clearly a lot more 10 year old Leeds fans doing the opposite yesterday.

It's El Pres's sense of humour.

As you rightly say, it's just fans and internet users ratings, most of whom aren't at the game. Leeds fans are so arrogant, they cannot bear to lose or be shown up so they use any method to big themselves up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nothing lucky about it, the game could and should have been over by half time. We were guilty of missing so many chances. Leeds came back into it in the last twenty minuses or so, but even if they had scored then it should have been no more than a consolation.

Interesting that according to the Beebs stats, Estupinan was our worst player, but for me he was one of our best. He oozed so much class and confidence on his debut, made one or two mistaked towards the end, but the good things he did far outweighed the bad.

Very early days but l wouldn't be surprised if he was next out of the revolving door.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It is certainly baffling when:

[ Webster's header + March through on goal + Gross's goal + Gross's near post miss + Trossard and other multiple efforts ] = only slightly more than [ a far post scramble when the bloke didn't quite get to the ball + an effort where the bloke missed the ball but it glanced off his back without him knowing anything about it + other half chances ]

I think yer Xg man might have missed the fact that the fierce shot at Sanchez from 10 yards was offside as the ref played on when the ball came out to us.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not lucky as we were much the better side but the sort of match that previously would've ended in a draw. Our success this season is likely to depend on results like this at home against the bottom half, the more of these we can win the better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here