Was there an altercation after the game in the coach park area?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This is almost exactly what happened. One of the kids (a teenager, 17 or 18 year-old I think) travelling on our bus was apparently arrested during the game, although his mates didn't seem to know why. The coach operator did his best to get the kid released so he could travel back with us, but the local plod wouldn't relent so we had to go home without him.

A similar thing happened at Hull earlier in the season. On that occasion, another teenager (17) was arrested for shouting abuse at a linesman after we had a penalty appeal turned down. The police initially refused to release him, so all of the occupants of the nine coaches got off, sat down in the car park and refused to move until he was allowed to travel home. They released him about half an hour after the game. All charges were eventually dropped.

The question has to be asked. Why didn't you all sit down in the Amex car park? :D

This is almost exactly what happened. One of the kids (a teenager, 17 or 18 year-old I think) travelling on our bus was apparently arrested during the game, although his mates didn't seem to know why. The coach operator did his best to get the kid released so he could travel back with us, but the local plod wouldn't relent so we had to go home without him.

A similar thing happened at Hull earlier in the season. On that occasion, another teenager (17) was arrested for shouting abuse at a linesman after we had a penalty appeal turned down. The police initially refused to release him, so all of the occupants of the nine coaches got off, sat down in the car park and refused to move until he was allowed to travel home. They released him about half an hour after the game. All charges were eventually dropped.

more back bone required from the rozzers please!???

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The question has to be asked. Why didn't you all sit down in the Amex car park?

At Hull there was a genuine sense of injustice as some of the older lads had seen the kid get arrested and there was nothing to it. The youngster is a regular traveller and certainly not a troublemaker.

The situation was a bit different on Wednesday. Nobody seemed to know why the lad had been arrested in the first place, let alone if he was guilty or not.

We take a few of our own police and stewards to every away game, and they are excellent. At Hull, they were angered by the treatement of the kid who had been arrested and were fully behind the sit-down protest. On Wednesday, they advised our coach operator to forget it and go home, which he did.

At Hull there was a genuine sense of injustice as some of the older lads had seen the kid get arrested and there was nothing to it. The youngster is a regular traveller and certainly not a troublemaker.

The situation was a bit different on Wednesday. Nobody seemed to know why the lad had been arrested in the first place, let alone if he was guilty or not.

We take a few of our own police and stewards to every away game, and they are excellent. At Hull, they were angered by the treatement of the kid who had been arrested and were fully behind the sit-down protest. On Wednesday, they advised our coach operator to forget it and go home, which he did.

Recall the cup final replay in 83 OUR COACH DRIVER LEFT TO GO HOME JUST AFTER KO AND LEFT ALL 50 OF US UP THERE:moo:

Lush

Mods' Pet

According to Sussex Police there was an away arrest for homophobic gestures. In the current climate of zero tolerance, that is probably why you we all told to forget it and go home.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
According to Sussex Police there was an away arrest for homophobic gestures. In the current climate of zero tolerance, that is probably why you we all told to forget it and go home.

That will explain it then.

A lesson in life for some dopey kid I suppose, but to be honest you'd think the Sussex Police would have better things to do.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Our driver said prior to our coach leaving on Wed someone would be hopping on to tell us the changed plan for the Pompey game but he could'nt come on as he was dealing with an incident which must of been the cardiff fan. Does anyone know what the coach plan is for Saturdays game? I take it its a 'category C' game?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That will explain it then.

A lesson in life for some dopey kid I suppose, but to be honest you'd think the Sussex Police would have better things to do.

I presume that wouldn't be your view if he'd been doing monkey gestures at black players.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Recall the cup final replay in 83 OUR COACH DRIVER LEFT TO GO HOME JUST AFTER KO AND LEFT ALL 50 OF US UP THERE:moo:

At least your coach driver got you there! Our's went the wrong bloody way and ended up in very heavy North London traffic. We all jumped off the bus and ran the last mile only to get to the ground and the stewards would not let us in the Brighton end, only place a mate and I could get in was with the United fans and we were 3-0 down!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I presume that wouldn't be your view if he'd been doing monkey gestures at black players.

No, that wouldn't be my view at all. But then I presume he wasn't making monkey gestures at black players or he wouldn't have been arrested for making homophobic gestures, whatever they may be.

To be honest, I have no idea what this dozy kid did. It may well be that he did something so offensive as to be fully deserving of an arrest, and if that's the case then good enough for him. But if he has been arrested for the usual, tired old 'Brighton fans are all gayboys' routine, then in my opinion ejection from the ground and a swift boot up the arse would have been more than sufficient.

It's just as well visitors to our place don't get arrested for the standard 'sheepshaggers' routine. If they did, the cells would often be full to overflow.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No, that wouldn't be my view at all. But then I presume he wasn't making monkey gestures at black players or he wouldn't have been arrested for making homophobic gestures, whatever they may be.

To be honest, I have no idea what this dozy kid did. It may well be that he did something so offensive as to be fully deserving of an arrest, and if that's the case then good enough for him. But if he has been arrested for the usual, tired old 'Brighton fans are all gayboys' routine, then in my opinion ejection from the ground and a swift boot up the arse would have been more than sufficient.

It's just as well visitors to our place don't get arrested for the standard 'sheepshaggers' routine. If they did, the cells would often be full to overflow.

They won't be arrested for that, any more than somebody singing "does your boyfriend know you're here" gets nicked at the Amex. He'd have been arrested because whatever he said went beyond the usual, and somebody deemed it to be causing offence.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

"We sit where we want, we sit where we want, we're cardiff city, we sit where we want"

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I believe his homing signal eventually got him back to Brighton at about 2:30am :lolol:

I haven't seen him since then, but I have been assured by Mendoza amongst others that he is still speaking to us :thumbsup:

Apparently had to be carried onto the train after Donny, has had a few heavy days this week and I dread to think how he'll be tonight at the beer festival!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports