Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was the penalty correctly awarded?

Was the penalty correctly awarded?

• Definite penalty

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • Not a penalty

Votes: 141 65.6%

• Total voters

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
It looks like a coming together, no more Milner's fault than Mudryk's. Probably not a penalty. Certainly not a 'clear and obvious error'. Joke.
Initially it was a coming together and 50-50 but then Milner goes beyond that and commits the foul.
I don't understand what is and what isnt considered clear and obvious though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you'd be calling a foul anywhere else on the pitch if thats against you, so yeah it's penalty.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Voted no, as I’m biased……

But really I can’t decide.

Would that have been given anywhere else on the pitch? mean it’s basically a hand-off, and more physicality has been allowed this year, the VAR judgement made Pawson have to review it…..

I think the whole clear and obvious is in question here….

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Not massively different to the one we got in Athens……..can’t really argue with the decision unfortunately
completely disagree. defending player doesn’t extend his leg in front of the attacker. there is no overt blocking motion to stop the attacker getting to the ball. doesn’t even swing his leg into the attacking player, outside of what looks like a normal running motion in that situation. some refs may judge it as a foul, but the one we got in athens was a trip on pedro, clear as day to the VAR, not the case here

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
If we're going to use VAR, it should be used for incidents like the Colwill penalty. It's a clear and obvious error as it's smacked him on the nut.

The penalty incident today, like the Forest one last week, is neither clear or obvious. One where VAR should stick with the on field decision. That applies to the one we got in Athens too.

The broader issue is that penalties are so frequent now. Personal view is that there should be a rule change where lesser incidents are indirect free kicks. There has been 4 penalties in the past week alone in our games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here