• Yes - Albion deserved something from that game

Votes: 59 49.2%
  • No - right result

Votes: 61 50.8%

• Total voters

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am really scratching my head as to the number of people who thought we deserved something from that match tonight. Yes we held them off until Kayal was forced off but I cannot see past the completely inept defending for the 2nd goal and total lack of clear cut chances.

Bottom line if you create nothing at home, you derserve nothing. We got what we deserved in my book, nothing.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We were lucky to score nil.

I've only seen the televised games this season and I thought that was better than Millwall. Not saying much I know.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
poor free kick to give away. keeper should have saved it. and halford was left exposed by the second goal because dunk had gone for a jaunt up the field and lost possession.

i thought we deserved something from the game but if you can't score goals you don't get points. i hope someone in Amex towers is learning a lesson.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Pure and simple we have to play 2 strikers of decent quality and we don't have them available. Worried about Hughton he does seem a bit clueless on team
Selection, Tactics and substitutions.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we'd scored people would be on here saying it was our performance of the season. Instead seems most are hammering the team on here, the defeat was a bit harsh on us.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bournemouth weren't that brilliant tonight but stuck it in the back of the net...I'm beginning to think we need to start handing out maps so our lot knows where the oppositions goal is

There were 2 identical moments; Carayol ran through on a great run, but B'mouth didn't panic, closed him out as he got close to shoot. They went on a mazy run shortly after and we panicked, 2 missed challenges followed by Dunk inexplicably taking him down for the free kick. For me those were comparable moments which highlighted the mind sets of the two teams.

I was impressed with the calm controlled performances of Cook and Elphick, Elphick in particular constantly talking to his defense and midfield.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we'd scored people would be on here saying it was our performance of the season. Instead seems most are hammering the team on here, the defeat was a bit harsh on us.

I'd disagree, I think B'mouth were understandably tense and nervous given what's at stake for them. For all our good play can you honestly say we created any out and out chances? We had a fair bit of the ball but it was never really decisive, we never broke with speed or seriously turned them round. They won 2-0 not playing well, that wasn't harsh on us at all.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It was a better Albion display but the difference between the teams was Bournemouth's work rate a desire to close the ball down all over the pitch this made our play slow with very few crisp passes. Also the obvious they had two shots and scored twice, quality in front of goal something we are currently lacking in.

Positive, I thought Kayal and Stephens look to be forging and good midfield partnership, the game changed when Kayal limped out.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Yes, if we had scored, and they hadn't got their two, it would have been great! But that didn't happen, did it?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We were a match for Bournemouth in most areas of the pitch as we were for Norwich a week earlier. The big difference between both sides was they have good players who know where the goal is.
I think this was highlighted by the best half chance. He brought it down very well but ended up passing it back to there goalkeeper lacking any conviction. Forward on to Wilson chance. He did not panic or make a rubbish shot. He was composed beat the defender and slid the ball calmly in to the goal.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Correct result! Our overall play was better than Bournemouth's for 70 mins but same old same old we failed to score! Bournemouth took there chances and we did'nt :(

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Whilst irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, I honestly feel that whilst the initial contact was 50/50 regarding intention, there was definitely movement to push the ball away, imho that is.

tttt.JPG

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
End result of what i thought was out best move ...note 4 Brighton players in the box and 4 bournemouth outfield players....that was rare

DSC00644.JPG

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought it was harsh, and so did the reporter from the Guardian. I think he and I might have been watching a different match to some people on here. Eddie Howe as well seemed to think that it was a tough match.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/10/brighton-bournemouth-championship-match-report

Where does it say it was harsh on Brighton?

Eddie Howe is right it was a tough match because Bournemouth didn't play that well. Their final ball was poor and they could have stretched our back four more than they did. Let us be brutally honest though, for pretty much the whole game (as the Guardian reporter notes) Cook and Elphick were commanding and mostly in control. The Bournemouth keeper was rarely troubled even if we created the odd flashing cross or shooting chance.

Tight matches are won often by mistakes or who has the most composure. As I said before, Carayol ran through Bournemouth in the second half (reminiscent of Vicente v Derby!) but Bournemouth didn't panic and shut him out when he went for his shot. Bournemouth run through, we dive into tackles, with Dunk showing no composure or defenders guile and brings him down in an ideal free kick position. That was completely our own doing to be honest. Bournemouth deserved the lead because they remained composed at the back.

The second was as embarrassing a piece of defending as I think I've seen at the Amex. Wilson didn't really have to perform any magic tricks to win his bit of space to score. It was as schoolboy defending as we committed against Norwich.

We're at home, the other teams come with a plan to be tight as both Norwich and Bournemouth have done. It has seriously flattered us to believe we have been hard done by in either of those games. Over the 180 mins we've not really created a single clear cut chance. We've had half chances, and good moments, but we've not put either side under any serious pressure.

Seriously, anyone thinking we've performed okay over these two games is watching football in a different world to me. We've been slow to counter, predictable in our build up play, and lacking any kind of goal scoring threat. We've not pressed hard enough, not worked hard enough to put teams under pressure. Hughton really does have a huge task ahead of him.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I`m amazed nearly half think we deserved something out of the game..When they broke out they had four or five pushing up quickly...When we had chance we passed sideways or backwards...Who do you think deserved to score on our side??..To me no one, Best was crap..Carayol did nothing apart from one great solo run(which came to nothing)..CMS was his usual and Lua Lua was suprisingly dissappointing..Stockdale should have saved first Goal but had no chance with second which defenders should have dealt with....We deserved what we got, another Loss..

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
On balance of play as a whole... defeat possibly harsh on you.
Difference between the sides being that we had that little bit of extra class up top when it mattered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here