Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was the atmosphere last night a bit underwhelming ?

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I took my boy for the first time and after all the build up I gave it, even he said it wasn’t as loud as he thought it would be.

I was in the west lower by the south so that probably didn’t help. And sometimes I do hope palace score so we can get the aggression going in the crowd, and obviously us win at the end.

Just seemed a bit off last night.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I watched from the North last night (normally west stand) and of course it was a lot louder from where I’m normally sat and couldn’t hear Palace at all.

Did they make any noise? (apart from their bangers)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I took my boy for the first time and after all the build up I gave it, even he said it wasn’t as loud as he thought it would be.

I was in the west lower by the south so that probably didn’t help. And sometimes I do hope palace score so we can get the aggression going in the crowd, and obviously us win at the end.

Just seemed a bit off last night.
Palace 🧌

Atmosphere was good where I was, best of the season bar Chelsea IMO, Stopped reading at ‘hope palace score’

Weirdo.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Yeah the atmosphere was disappointing. Didn’t even get much banter at all from the Palace fans. Felt like any other game. A few tasty tackles woke the crowd up at times, but was definitely not as good as I hoped or expected it to be. Didn’t help that the game was a bit dull as well.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sat in East Upper a little closer to the South end than the North. Sounded flat as a pancake in the North. Could see a few clapping hands but as usual, three groups all singing different songs.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Not even my goading of 1-0 to the palace fans by the away end solicited any response other than a young palace fan saying “you’re too old” 😔

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
That's by far the quietest I've ever hear them.

We were ok. But take the point about tension. It's funny that in the biggest games the crowd can be at it's quietest ... until that tension is released

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Is that some sort of sick joke?
Strangely enough no. I’ve always been interested in how the away fans behave to a goal and our reaction. This more goes back to the standing days to be fair. It might be the old hoolie in me I’m afraid.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah a bit. A lot of nerves amongst our own fans, because we were in second gear for much of that game, and because we know that the football Gods (and referees) always favour the Glaziers in these matches. So people were just on edge, waiting for the usual screw up or refereeing calamity to gift Palace a goal.

But the really surprising flatness came from The Best Fans In The Premier League, who seemed so resigned to their own team's crapness that they just gave up trying after ten minutes, save for letting off a banger in a desperate attempt to make something happen. I'm sure it will turn out to be our fault for doing something mean to stop them singing, like having too many police, or putting the lyrics to GOSBTS on the screen, or the Amex acoustics being deliberately designed to drown out away fans, the usual.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The atmos was a bit up and down. Sometime great, sometimes a bit low. Obviously dependant on how the game is going. But there’s always a palpable sense of nervousness in this game (from both sets of fans) which can hinder the singing.

Certainly wasn’t a bad quiet atmosphere that some make out, but maybe not our best. I sit bang on the half way line so get a decent idea of south vs north.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here