Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was That the Worst Referee This Season?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The funniest one was their keeper punching Baldock when they both jumped for the ball, Baldock won it then he stayed down and the referee conveniently gives a foul, joke of a decision & a shocking ref all round.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It shows how football is changing. So many times over the years, when referees have let too many niggly fouls go, you have seen players take things into their own hands and start dishing out retribution. The sanction of a straight red, has at least kept this under control (not sure Ashley Barnes ever got this memo though), even if it hasn't improved the standard of refereeing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Awful, wasn't he?

All over the pitch decisions were baffling. Their penalty shout should have been given. Not blowing up for their constant time wasting (until the last 5 minutes, thanks Bobby!). That drop ball nonsense at the end of the 1st half.

The bloke seemed utterly clueless.

Roll on next season when there's full time Championship refs!

Pessimist!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
He was poor IMO overall. Their 22 had the ball in the net in second half with a great shot given offside, but I think Dunk played the ball back to him And the booking of Kayal was odd to say the least.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
All he had to do was bang a yellow straight at one of the twats who was time wasting after 20mins - job done and authority stamped. I loved Stockdale taking 30 secs to take a goal kick at end. Absolute justice. And did Kayal really move forward before the bloke took the quick free kick?! Suspended now...
Absolutely agree. For some reason refs only start booking time wasting in the last 10 minutes or so. Between Bristol City and Cardiff, it seemed to me more time wasting than playing!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

More importantly, does he know your alter ego, 'BOZZA'? If not, feel free to slag him off. If he does, can you find a way to send him a link to this thread anonymously?

Would be interested to know whether you would get the opportunity to ask him about why ref's don't book players for time wasting earlier in the game. The usual answer is that they don't need to because they add on extra time at the end of the half however this ignores the fact that time wasting ruins the sport as a spectacle. In the first half he was frequently gesticulating to them to get a move on but of course they didn't because there seemed no threat of any booking!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He was poor IMO overall. Their 22 had the ball in the net in second half with a great shot given offside, but I think Dunk played the ball back to him And the booking of Kayal was odd to say the least.

That's because when the ball was originally played forward he was in an offside position by a long way. Fact is Dunk shouldn't have bothered touching it but as was his way last night, when he did, he didn't control it.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
He was bad but unfortunately wel'll get worse. I reckon Kayal's booking was deliberate. As for the BC 'penalty' look at Uwe on the highlights - whistle goes, Uwe turns to ref to complain, notices no pen given, and Uwe suddenly goes into innocent jog past ref. Nailed on penalty. What was Elliott Bennet doing kicking ball away in first half? Expected better of him. BC - rather see them relegated than Rotherham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's already refereed us this season when we won. He was our ref at Southend away, in the League Cup. Were there many complaints about him from that match?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don't agree. Seen a lot worse. Only got the free-kick booking wrong, as ball was in play having been touched, and should have clamped down on time wasting.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The good news is that it feels better moaning about the ref when you have the 3 points. He was dire. He hardly got anything right - let bad stuff go, stopped things for nothing. Didn't book players who deserved it, then some bookings - especially Kayal - were just wrong. 2 min added after a half of total time wasting. He had zero authority. So glad he didn't cost us the game, which I feared he might with his decisions in injury time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He added on 5 minutes in the second half, messing about with the Bristol free kicks and booking Kayal took nearly all that time yet he didn't add a second extra on when he could have played at least another couple of minutes.

30 seconds per goal and for each substitution = 4 min. So effectively, he only added 1 minute in the second half for other delays which included bookings, of which there were 5 in the second half. In the first half he only added a minute for delays (one goal one booking). Just goes to show that refs are pathetic at time keeping.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At one point I thought he was going to give Bobby a 2nd yellow card and become the most unpopular referee in the land :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Is it right that a man that works for a Bristol based company referees a Bristol game? I'm not insinuating this would effect his performance on a conscious level, but surely it's a situation easily avoided?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here