Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was that the best Albion result in the last few years?

E.P. Sam

Sep 6, 2003
I know that Rushden aren't the greatest side in this division but I'm sure they'll stay up and possibly achieve mid table mediocrity.

Bearing in mind that we were away from home and without several key players including our talismanic leader, a 3-1 win can be considered excellent. But what makes it most impressive is that the players hadn't long got back from the other end of the country before they had to head straight back up to Northamptonshire.

After clocking up so many miles over the last couple of weeks a poor result could have been excused. I put this result right up there with the 4-1 thrashing of Wolves last season.

That's the first result this season thats made me sit up and think -we're in with a really really big chance of going up this season. I remember feeling the same way two seasons ago when we won 1-0 at Bristol City.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
12/15/2001 Brighton 3-1 Reading, has to be my fondest memory of Brighton games :clap:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
redland said:
12/15/2001 Brighton 3-1 Reading, has to be my fondest memory of Brighton games :clap:

Beating Reading is a "great" victory. Quality :clap:

How the times have changed when any team considers a win over Reading to be that good.

Good man Redland. Welcome to a pint anytime ;)

Last edited:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
i think your getting slightly carried away Sam.

good game etc, but not the greatest!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Wilts said:
Beating Reading is a "great" victory. Quality :clap:

How the times have changed when any team considers a win over Reading to be that good.

Good man Redland. Welcome to a pint anytime ;)

In the last two years, don't forget Wilts !!, and that game won us the title pretty much..

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree EP Sam

4 games in 10 days, 7 first team players injured and we can still produce a result like that. :)

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
beating Reading, but last season on the Friday night, 2-1.... Kitsons coming on, he coming on.....

In the end in meant nothing but at the time it really gave me that glimmer of hope.:clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
brighton 6-2 torquay always hold fond memorey in my heart!

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Was a great night until I found that my car had been broken into afterwards, took the shine off it a little bit!

Anywho...:goal: :goal: :goal: :dance:

E.P. Sam

Sep 6, 2003
Mr Popkins said:
i think your getting slightly carried away Sam.

good game etc, but not the greatest!

More than anything its the amount of mileage they'd covered - they must have been knackered!

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Hilton said:
Was a great night until I found that my car had been broken into afterwards, took the shine off it a little bit!

Had my car broken into in Whitley that night too. Bear in mind that I didn't have a happy result to look back at :censored: :angry:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I really enjoyed last night. The spirit amongst the players and the fans and between the players and fans was a great site and feeling.
Last night i again appreciated why exactly i follow this club, i don't even care that i have to do some database training for 3 hours this afternnon (the fact that the lady who does it is very pretty helps).

Getting home at 1am and nto bed i couldn't help but fall asleep with a smile on my face:)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Orient 0 - 2 Albion

That was a bit special too, always more pleasing to win away I think :clap2:

It was a real adrenaline rush last night. Easily the most enjoyable game of the season.

A great albion crowd, a beer inside a plush stadium, an electric performance from the lads.

The way the players came right over to us and prolonged the celebrations speaks volumes.

Its times like this that I f***ing LOVE being an Albion fan.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
12/15/2001 Brighton 3-1 Reading, has to be my fondest memory of Brighton games

Right, I'm going to be a boring old anorak bastard here but ...

We were due to play Reading that weekend, but it was first moved to Friday 14th (because it was December) and then it was postponed due to a frozen pitch.

The match was actually played on 12th February 2002 - and I have to agree that it was good.

My personal fave was the Cheaterfield championship clincher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here