Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Was that our best ever League performance?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I really can’t remember better. We were Brilliant during Gus’s reign, (and Peter Taylor) there were times under Mickey Adams that brought a tear to my eye, and the Millennium Stadium was fantastic, but today eclipsed those performances by some margin.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
3-0 over Tottenham, we bossed their very best 11 in their prime, also CL finalists …. but they lacked both injuries and a decrepit centre midfield.

Albion were so good, you could relax and enjoy from the 3rd minute.

C777557F-5C40-4C2C-A9D8-911B6C4F4DE7.png

Today feels like the apex because it’s Liverpool. But Brentford, Wolves and almost everyone else are dominating the grandads every game.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
we've played PL matches where we've been even more dominant than today and ended with one or no points.

today was the best.
That’s the key here no one remembers playing well and not winning. Again today getting the ball forward quickly is the key to opening up defences. Potter sometimes dominated games although I wouldn’t say it was a hard game for the opponent as we could hardly score with the laboured build up play. Liverpool didn’t know what hit them we broke like a rocket they didn’t know where the ball was half the time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes.

Man Utd were imploding and fell apart.
Chelsea was driven by pure emotion.

This was a controlled, calculated dismantling of one of the standout teams in the division, we made them look like mugs.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I don’t think we’ve ever had players capable of football like that. Genuinely couldn’t believe what I was watching.

So yes. That was the best I’ve ever seen. I fail to see how we can top that. 100% pass completion rate? Win 6-0 instead of 3-0? I don’t know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here