Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was that a penalty to B’muff???

Penalty or not?

• Stonewaller

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Absolutely no chance that was a penalty

Votes: 74 67.9%

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
it was a clear penalty, got away with it on this occasion, much as Konate got away with the red on MacAllister last week.

East London Exile

Jan 13, 2013
London
Looking again at the replay, Pervis keeps running in a direct line chasing the ball then their player moves in and bounces off Pervis. If Pervis had not held his line and moved toward their player then I think a penalty may have been given.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
One of those 'would have been free-kick anywhere else on pitch' ones IMO. Sort of umpire's choice; VAR wouldn't have on field decision reviewed either way. no third box, so cant vote.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I've seen them given for less. I've seen this not given for more.

We rode our luck with that one.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
The handball was an odd one, it seemed to leave the ball miles away from anyone, right in the middle of the penalty area, if a Bournemouth player had managed to get there first he'd have probably scored.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I didn't spot it at the game at all , but judging by Estupinan's reaction I think he thought it was going to be given.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I dunno I thought we were lucky to get away with both of them, not really because they were stonewall pens or anything, but with the way VAR is such an absolute shitshow from week to week you never know what the given directive is. We seem to be in a bit of a hands off phase this past couple of weeks, so based on that I'd say neither were.

It's a complete mess, but fine by me this weekend...

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It was reckless by Perv - right on the border between pen/non-pen. He didn't need to use that amount of force in that situation.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I consider it to be the same as the Haaland shove on Webster. The refs allowed that and, for once, there’s consistency

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nice for us to benefit from a decision for once, I’ve seen them given. Fortunately we were only playing Bournemouth not one of the better financed clubs.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
When you consider the decisions that have gone against us recently - 3 possible red cards for Liverpool and the Wellbeck penalty against Leicester, absolutely no way was that a penalty to B'muff.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
If it hadn't been given against us, I'd be annoyed.
So yes. Probably a penalty
However, the ref was letting things go all over tbe pitch, for both sides so at least consistent in tbat respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here