Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was stockdale at fault?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Chambers beat Baldock because Bennett was WAY out of position. In fact you look at the first two goals and despair. Massive hole down our left, no one near Walcott for goal one, no one challenging Rosicky for goal two. He's still a class act but I wouldn't have been given that much space in the final ten minutes of a veterans game so no wonder he played that pass. At full speed I thought Stockdale could have done a lot better with the third which looked to me to have gone in down the centre from just outside the box. Looking at it on TV it actually went in a bit more to his right than I had thought and he was unsighted.

That's a long way of saying "no".

Same as Wednesday night! both goals coming from down the left hand side.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bennett was ludicrously out of position for the first but Greers involvement for 2 & 3 was shameful, have a look

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
No, defence to blame. Worst error was Holla's in leaving a tight pass woefully short for the 3rd goal.

Some credit to Arsenal though. Clinical in finishing. That is the primary difference in the PL.

PG

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, defence to blame. Worst error was Holla's in leaving a tight pass woefully short for the 3rd goal.

Some credit to Arsenal though. Clinical in finishing. That is the primary difference in the PL.

PG

Yes Holla made the final error but Dunk shouldn't have even passed it to him in the first place. It should have been hoofed when he had the chance.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I have been one of the stockdale knockers but can't see how anyone could blame him for the goals today.

He has improved a lot since early season, still a little way to go for me to think he was worth £1m:whistle:( happy when they prove me wrong when I'm negative about them) but more than good enough to be our No1.
IF he has knockers he must be overweight but I can't see any evidence of either.Very good 'keeper IMHO.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Certainly not. His distribution is very good. One chipped ball to Bruno near the technical areas was so accurate, to get us on the move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here