Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was JFC’s goal at QPR unfairly disallowed?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
If that was when Andrews was pulled back just as he was shaping to shoot after a good few passes to set it up, then yes but I only heard it on Player. Commentators were 100% sure it was a free kick but it wasn't given.

If I'd still been listening on 5 live then it would probably have been a great tackle if the commentator had even seen it and wasn't looking on the floor for his stopwatch

I think it must've been then.

Still trying to work out how we didn't get a free-kick in the 1st half when Andrews was brought down right on the edge of their box?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We had a goal disallowed? Blimey - I only had BBC and Sky match reports to go on, so I didn't think we ever got out of our own half!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yeah no mention of the disallowed goal anywhere

We had a goal disallowed? Blimey - I only had BBC and Sky match reports to go on, so I didn't think we ever got out of our own half!

What, so you missed this:

jfc.gif

Still convinced that Barnes didn't do anything other than go for a header.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
There was an incident in the first half where one of ours was shaping to shoot and appeared to have his legs taken away. Ref waved play on. Anyone else get a better view of it?

That's exactly the situation that sprung to my mind. Especially when the slightest touch yielded a qpr free kick.

I also thought, the Albion player kicking the ball out for what should have been a qpr corner and was given goal kick was hilarious.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Ref was alright. He got the big decisions right apart from when he should have booked Barton for deliberate handball that would have been his second yellow. As usual it always appears that the opposition are getting the rub of the green - but that's because we are biased.

A guy near me was constantly doing his nut at the referee , which was funny because the decisions which upset him were minor.

Could have easily been me. Sadly the referees incompetence probably changed the whole shape of the game.

Anyways I am excited for Saturday when I am going to watch a man in the middle make lots of random decisions. I hope the scheduled football match does not get in the way too much.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If that was when Andrews was pulled back just as he was shaping to shoot after a good few passes to set it up, then yes but I only heard it on Player. Commentators were 100% sure it was a free kick but it wasn't given.

If I'd still been listening on 5 live then it would probably have been a great tackle if the commentator had even seen it and wasn't looking on the floor for his stopwatch

Nope. Even Bright and his equally knobbish chum called that one as a foul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here