Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it worth the sacrifice.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
It all makes for easy living. No reason to want to got out to work.
If you give someone everything they want, health care, a home, a pension for which they have to do nothing in return, what reason do they have to want to go out to work.

You really have got no idea what you're talking about, have you?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If you give someone everything they want, health care, a home, a pension for which they have to do nothing in return, what reason do they have to want to go out to work.

The Victorians grew a conscience, I suggest you do the same.

How many people in this country live the life of luxury you describe?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

:facepalm:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

There are pensions, social housing and the NHS, so people have easy lives? Look around you, son.

There are now millions of people on benefits who are working, thanks to low wages and unaffordable housing. Your argument is flawed and you are using stereotypical reasoning that has no bearing on reality.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It was all fine until Margaret Thatcher came along its all her fault ask anyone and they will tell you its true.
I also noticed a sharp decline in the bulldog spirit when Dads Army was was taken off of prime time saturday evening viewing on BBC1 and relegated to BBC2.
But it does pick up again when The Dambusters and 633 squadron is on and temporarily goes off the scale in the last 20 minutes of The last night of the proms.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If the men & women who fought the two world wars could look down on the UK now 70 years on would they be proud of what they gave they're lives for?

England's standing as a respected leading nation has disintegrated and were not longer leaders in the field for technical advances and pioneering developments.

Simply NOT true

We no longer have a nation with a good work ethic and breed those who think world owes a living and want to do nothing for there fellow man or even improve themselves.

No more true than it was in 1939

Customers no longer regard "made in Britain" as sign of quality.

I do

If there was another world war would multicultural Britons all bear arms with a bulldog spirit and stand alongside each other to protect our shores? I very much doubt it.

Why wouldn't they? Just look at the make up of our armed forces currently in Afghanistan.

What went wrong for us? Other nations, supposedly 3rd world are advancing far faster then we have,
Is it because we have made life to cushy for ourselves with social housing, NHS benefit system ect

Advancing faster? - Yes but from a much lower base

I believe if they could see us now they would wonder why they gave the're lives so we could live in a free world, they would be disgusted with us.

You malign the memory of those brave men with that statement. The ones I've known, including my own father, never once doubted that the sacrifices they made were worthwhile.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think what the OP is trying to get across is scroungers are a pain in the arse, he's just gone about it in rather an odd way

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
For a bit of perspective I wonder what our fallen red allies would have made of modern Russia?

Military casualties: 11.0m
Civilian casualties: 6.7m
Total deaths: 17.7m
As % of population: 9.1%

Military casualties: 0.305m
Civilian casualties: 0.207m
Total deaths: 0.512m
As % of population: 1.1%

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
If the men & women who fought the two world wars could look down on the UK now 70 years on would they be proud of what they gave they're lives for?

England's standing as a respected leading nation has disintegrated and were not longer leaders in the field for technical advances and pioneering developments.

We no longer have a nation with a good work ethic and breed those who think world owes a living and want to do nothing for there fellow man or even improve themselves.

That accolade now go's to Germany ironically.

If there was another world war would multicultural Britons all bear arms with a bulldog spirit and stand alongside each other to protect our shores? I very much doubt it.

What went wrong for us? Other nations, supposedly 3rd world are advancing far faster then we have,
Is it because we have made life to cushy for ourselves with social housing, NHS benefit system ect

I believe if they could see us now they would wonder why they gave the're lives so we could live in a free world, they would be disgusted with us.
You have used a British invention to get your point of view across and when you start to think about fibre optic broadband, the fibre optic was first shown on Tomorrow's World in 1967. True was have a lazy and sometimes very illiterate generation wrapped up in cotton wool but that can change

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
were not longer leaders in the field for technical advances and pioneering developments.

You really don't know what you're talking about - we're world leaders in space technology, drug development, medical research, mechanical and electrical engineering, computer science to name but a few. One very small but very significant example - who invented the medium that has allowed you to post this drivel ? Ah, yes, an Englishman.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Idiot - try being out of work, I'd recommend it ..... not !

D

Deleted member 22389

That accolade now go's to Germany ironically.

Tell you what's gone wrong for us, the governments let too many people in to this country. We now have the fastest growing population in the EU, yet nobody is making provisions for this, and that is why it feels like this country is going backwards sometimes. If our governments do not invest in the services it effects us all, which goes on to impact our own quality of life.

It is no surprise that since Poland joined the EU their country is improving while ours feels as though it is going backwards sometimes.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-in-Europe-for-a-decade-official-figures.html

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd given my life in the fight against fascism and then people started spouting a bunch of utter nonsense and voted for the likes of UKIP and the BNP.

The demographic of UKIP voters indicates that twice as many over 60s support UKIP compared to other parties.

http://www.lucidtalk.co.uk/ukips-voters-older-more-male-and-more-working-class-but-especially-older/

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/03/05/analysis-ukip-voters/

Arguably because of the experience of their youth these older generations have a keener grasp of what fascism looks like; consequently they distrust the EU and ergo vote UKIP.

In contrast many from the younger generations who know absolutely nothing of fascism consider that those who vote for UKIP are fascists.............probably just like you.

In any event, the uncomfortable reality for you is that a significant proportion of those veterans that recently lined up on the beaches of Normandy would have been UKIP voters.

Don't worry though, they are dwindling away now..............and there will be even less by 2017.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Simply NOT true

No more true than it was in 1939

I do

Why wouldn't they? Just look at the make up of our armed forces currently in Afghanistan.

Advancing faster? - Yes but from a much lower base

You malign the memory of those brave men with that statement. The ones I've known, including my own father, never once doubted that the sacrifices they made were worthwhile.

Thank you for the constructive post going thought each point rather than just picking on one point as the others have done and just like throwing insults.

Yours has been the first decent response.
I never said what I posted was actually fact only what I felt and looking for a resonant le discussion but as usual descending in the usual billing mentality.
Again thank you for the proper insight you perspective.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I think what the OP is trying to get across is scroungers are a pain in the arse, he's just gone about it in rather an odd way

You could be right there but not that simplistic, what makes them not want to do something with their lifes?

Where our ancestors gave their lives so that we could have one, they just seem to squander and waste there's, it's such a waste when there is some much do and can be achieved.

And thank you for not joining the " lets all throw insults" brigade.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You could be right there but not that simplistic, what makes them not want to do something with their lifes?

Where our ancestors gave their lives so that we could have one, they just seem to squander and waste there's, it's such a waste when there is some much do and can be achieved.

And thank you for not joining the " lets all throw insults" brigade.

And yet your first post was rather insulting.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The demographic of UKIP voters indicates that twice as many over 60s support UKIP compared to other parties.

http://www.lucidtalk.co.uk/ukips-voters-older-more-male-and-more-working-class-but-especially-older/

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/03/05/analysis-ukip-voters/

Arguably because of the experience of their youth these older generations have a keener grasp of what fascism looks like; consequently they distrust the EU and ergo vote UKIP.

In contrast many from the younger generations who know absolutely nothing of fascism consider that those who vote for UKIP are fascists.............probably just like you.

In any event, the uncomfortable reality for you is that a significant proportion of those veterans that recently lined up on the beaches of Normandy would have been UKIP voters.

Don't worry though, they are dwindling away now..............and there will be even less by 2017.

Now I am confused, was it UKIP or The Sun that won the second world war, it can't have been both of them surely.

D

Deleted member 22389

Thank you for the constructive post going thought each point rather than just picking on one point as the others have done and just like throwing insults.

Yours has been the first decent response.
I never said what I posted was actually fact only what I felt and looking for a resonant le discussion but as usual descending in the usual billing mentality.
Again thank you for the proper insight you perspective.

Personally think there has been a bit of an over reaction to your post. I understand what your saying even if didn't come out how it was meant too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here