Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was it right to clap Macca yesterday?

Was it okay to clap Macca before and end of match?

• Yes

Votes: 292 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 12 3.9%

• Total voters

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Give him the credit he deserves for how he conducted himself whilst at the club, and the manner he left for this one game. From now on - pah!

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think a decent cheer/clap at the start was definitely warranted, he left in the right way and obviously cared about the club.

Not quite so sure about RDZ going round with him afterwards tbh, bit overkill tbh and not helping the fans who already have separation issues, to get over him leaving us like one of his old girlfriends. Still it’s not a big deal, or worth getting upset over.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I'm not convinced we've seen the last of him in the stripes - there's a player, like Bobby Z and Glenn, that I can see coming back
Let’s be honest, most Liverpool fans seem quite frustrated with him already. But I’m not sure he’d come back here as his salary must now be 2 or 3 times higher than it was.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm not convinced we've seen the last of him in the stripes - there's a player, like Bobby Z and Glenn, that I can see coming back
I would hope we’ve past that type of signing Murray apart all the old faces that have come back have hardly set the world on fire.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not only did we clap him, he clapped us. What a deeply respectful gesture by a top man who clearly still loves our club :clap2:
Completely agree. We also had the chance to clap a world cup winner last season, with his replica trophy and medal before the match.
Those are special memories and he was always going to move on.
Deep respect on both sides.

I suspect if JM had been fit to play, he would've had similar treatment from Klopp to the away fans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Completely agree. We also had the chance to clap a world cup winner last season, with his replica trophy and medal before the match.
Those are special memories and he was always going to move on.
Deep respect on both sides.

I suspect if JM had been fit to play, he would've had similar treatment from Klopp to the away fans.
It's like that time that Bruno and Kompany both retired within minutes of each other at the Amex. Mutual respect from both sets of players and both sets of fans. That was beautiful

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Of our recent departures, I have a brief league table of clapping to complete indifference or booing. It's all theoretical though, as I rarely get to games these days.

Ali Mac and big Dan Burn are table topping for clapping. Both parted on very good terms.
Sulky Trossard is firmly rooted at the bottom of the table and I'd happily join in any boos for him.
Yeah, but Burn literally walked into Barber's office and demanded to leave. Mac Allister forced a move by demanding a low release clause in his contract.

I don't think any of our recent departures should really be booed though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Or he could have not signed the new contract and would have left for even less this this past summer with just a year left on his previous deal. This was one occasion where both parties realised the benefit of a release clause/mechanism and it worked out well for all concerned.
It was also signed before he won the world cup and became Messi's best mate, so his PR went into overdrive. Let's be honest, Brighton agreed that contract with Mac Allister because they thought it was the best thing to do for Brighton too.

He also left in 100% the right way, unlike others I could mention

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He's a true legend in my book. Lovely chap, gave his all and as a BRIGHTON player played an instrumental part in Argentina winning the world cup. That's one of the recent stats that I never once considered a possibility until RDZ came along.

A very good player who did give his all, who won the world cup whilst with us and was modest and appreciative of the help we game him, well worth a clap :clap:

But legend ? On a pitch that had Dunk, Solly and Pascal ? Not for me :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here