Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Was it really £7.60 a pint at West Ham today?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Shocking if true. Found this list for the current season online:

West Ham: £7.60
Arsenal: £6.35
Fulham: £5.80
Leicester: £5.80
Chelsea: £5.70
Southampton: £5.50
Brentford: £5.25
Aston Villa: £5.20
Nottingham Forest: £5.20
Tottenham Hotspur: £5.19
Crystal Palace: £5
Leeds United: £5
Wolves: £5
Brighton: £4.95
Newcastle: £4.90
Man City: £4.60
Everton: £4.55
Bournemouth: £4.25
Liverpool: £3.30
Man Utd: £3

Only Liverpool and Man Utd have it right IMHO.

Were Tottenham thinking of charging £5.20 but bottled it?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Not sure about Liverpool but a pint in Manchester is on a par with down here cost wise - impressively cheap at OT in comparison!

As per the rest of the lack of upgrades at Old Trafford, they've probably just decided it would be too much effort to update the price boards.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Outside the ground, I paid 9 quid for a hipster IPA which was 7.7%. Much better value than the 6 quid lager I had at the station.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure about Liverpool but a pint in Manchester is on a par with down here cost wise - impressively cheap at OT in comparison!

I don't actually know this, so possibly I am being unfair on them, but I'm going to presume that those £3 offerings at United and Anfield are NOT pints, but 330ml plastic bottles.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
£6.60 for a warm flat pint of Amstel at half time.

Heard the horror stories about the prices in the ground so decided to get a cheese burger outside.......£9.50! Robbing ********! Was ****ing horrible as well!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Shocking if true. Found this list for the current season online:

West Ham: £7.60
Arsenal: £6.35
Fulham: £5.80
Leicester: £5.80
Chelsea: £5.70
Southampton: £5.50
Brentford: £5.25
Aston Villa: £5.20
Nottingham Forest: £5.20
Tottenham Hotspur: £5.19
Crystal Palace: £5
Leeds United: £5
Wolves: £5
Brighton: £4.95
Newcastle: £4.90
Man City: £4.60
Everton: £4.55
Bournemouth: £4.25
Liverpool: £3.30
Man Utd: £3

Only Liverpool and Man Utd have it right IMHO.

The Man U & Liverpool numbers aren't true. Those are the prices for a 330ml plastic bottle of carling/carlsberg

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Don`t care how much they charge. As a Bitter drinker the Amex Harveys ranges from mediocre to awful, coupled with the fact I cant pay with money for anything.
I keep my money and go to a Pub that knows how to look after it and takes my money.
As a side however am impressed that they give out water free.
At Newcastle game we took our topless 500ml bottles of water and got them refilled for free.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
To be fair to the Spammers, they are taking legal action against the council for the pricing as they are the ones that set it.

theboybilly

I took all I needed for the journey on the coach and saved all that money for 4 pints once back in Shoreham. They were never getting a penny out of me. If you spent those prices and got warm Fosters or tasteless burgers you really are part of the problem

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
To be fair to the Spammers, they are taking legal action against the council for the pricing as they are the ones that set it.

I believe the council are trying to re-coup some of the losses to tax payers from the generally bad deal the tax payers got from the original stadium deal. Someone who may have been sensible has suggested that maybe West Ham could recognise this an partially off set the £7 pint with a voucher system that West Ham United fund for fans.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I believe the council are trying to re-coup some of the losses to tax payers from the generally bad deal the tax payers got from the original stadium deal. Someone who may have been sensible has suggested that maybe West Ham could recognise this an partially off set the £7 pint with a voucher system that West Ham United fund for fans.

Like all Councils, they are cash starved by Boris and looking to get any money in they can. So obviously tendered the catering and got a good deal from 'the catering company'.

The catering company thinking they have a captive audience think they can make big profits by charging what they like. It is now up to the fans to refuse to pay it.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
At Newcastle game we took our topless 500ml bottles of water and got them refilled for free.

Topless in Newcastle, you say...?

nintchdbpict000371850982.jpg

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
£6.60 for a warm flat pint of Amstel at half time.

Heard the horror stories about the prices in the ground so decided to get a cheese burger outside.......£9.50! Robbing ********! Was ****ing horrible as well!

I cannot imagine ever being hungry enough to pay £9.50 for a burger from a snack van but then again maybe I'm tight or seek value for money because I have never bought food or drink on an Easyjet flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here