Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it handball?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
How many times have they been given in the PL. Watch PL every week and 8/10 times they are given but it always seems to go against the lesser team. Yes imo it should have been a pen. The player's arm was outstreatched.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Stonewall peno for me. Got home and watched it all again on tv, couldn't believe all of their experts thought it wasn't!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Penalty.

The thing that annoyed me most about it was the ref holding his arms by his sides in an exaggerated fashion to explain why he didn't give it.

His arm was at a 90 degree angle to his body!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Shouldn't they have had penalties off Bruno & greer then, if that was handball so were theirs

jblaze

Oct 17, 2013
That's just desperate. We got beat fair and square, accept it.

This is irrelevant. This was an FA cup game. We could be awful (and actually were) for the whole game and still turn them over. A dodgy handball here and a Calderon dive there and we could have been through! God I love the FA cup.....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Didn't think it mattered. I'm pretty sure the rules state hand "interferes" with play which it did. Not this "ball to hand" "unintentional" stuff.
At least that's what it should be anyway.

This is what I though the law stated. That if your body is made bigger by your arms, and the ball hits it, it's 'deliberate' handball. Can any referees here confirm?

And if this is the case, why the frig do pundits and commentators always bang on about ball to hand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here