Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it a mistake to sell ulloa?

I think so - we insisted Elliott Bennett and Norwich delay that transfer to ensure we got the promotion job done first. The impression now is that we don't seem to have the same fervent belief in the next promotion. Our transfer business of late has been very underwhelming too

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No , time to move on.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
He wanted to go and there's absolutely no point in hanging onto an unhappy player as we saw with Bridcutt. And for once, the board held out for a very decent fee which must be sepnt on strengthening the squad. We are badly short of pace, flair, creativity and guile let alone a GK and left-back of course. It's now up to the club to address that and soon.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
No. good price for a very in and out performer, but i think we will miss him for defending corners.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Not sure we had a choice in the matter. Once he has set his eyes and wallet on going and £7m is on the table, I don't see how you can keep him.

What he said

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Tremendous bit of business. We could get a couple decent 'promotion influencing' signings with that money. Pressure on the club to replace him, pressure on Ulloa to perform in the Premier League. Best of luck to him, not convinced he will make Match of The Day headlines though.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Do we know we have sold him officially ? Nothing on the club site only rumours on here :shrug:

Nothing is going to come out of Fort Amex until the monies paid. More chance of getting into the Oval Office. But by all accounts there was a great degree of emotion showed when he left Spain yesterday to suspect he was leaving. But there's always chance of a hiccup. But now best he goes or we'll have him with his head in the Premier. Great Money he's made the Club, he's always come across as a nice guy. Good Luck to him. :smile:

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Indeed, although the pics of him smiling and larking about with the others on the Spain tour suggests that he was happy here and had good friends in the squad. Whether he'll enjoy that same camaraderie at Leicester, who knows, although I'm sure playing in the Prem and his wages will sweeten the pill of that...and having to live in the Midlands.

If I was about to treble my wages and become a premier league player, I would probably be smiling and larking around. Let's face it, once a premier team expresses an interest in a player, they're gone.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO you can only keep these top players,for one maybe two seasons on the promise of Premier League.If they are of that quality then,and i cant blame them will move to a club that can offer this. Good luck to them,if the fee is right for us.Now the trick is for us ,in this cycle to reach the Premiership,and we have twice nearly made it,however nearly is not enough to keep players like Ulloa,when their careers are so short and the riches so great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here