Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Hyypia the WRONG man for the JOB ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone who thinks Enrest's posts are serious is a total tool.

A lot of his posts lately have been serious, so who's the tool?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hyypia is probably as frustrated as us. He can only work with what he is given. I am sure the picture will be better in a few weeks.

He could work better with what he's given by scrapping out full backs as wingers .

To early to properly put boot in about this but it won't work with these players

With these players we could get away with it until Sept with wingers as per before .

He's messed up and made things worse attempting new systems without the players

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've said it before. There are two ways to get out of this division. You either spend big and back the manager. Or you get someone in who can work on a tight budget and has been there and done it before.....Sherwood and Ferdinand were the perfect combo for the job, but they would have needed backing in the transfer market, something we are obviously not prepared to do. And were probably to press friendly(something I doubt, Bloom wants after Poyet)....Then we should have gone for someone like Neil Warnock or Dave Jones for example....As it is, we done neither. I was not against Hyypia and I'm still not, but if he is not going to be backed, then he is pissing in the wind and we will be in the same boat again before the start of next season.

There is a third way out of the division, unfortunately..........

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He's been sold a pup,all the talent sold from beneath him and replaced with Barnsley hasbeens,if they're not good enough to keep the tykes why are they good enough to get the Albion promoted,two things,Bloom is preparing to sell the club,Sami won't be here in October.

very interesting about preparation to sell the club. if you were preparing to sell a business you would be doing exactly what is going on, reduce your costs, improve the balance sheet. fans locked in for a year with 22,000 season tickets. Bloom is a wealthy man, but how wealthy and does he want his money back now?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
As everyone knows I'm one of the more INTELLIGANT posters on NSC and when Oscar FLOUNCED we NEEDED a different kind of manager to the FOREIGNERS especially now with the SELL them for a LOT and recruit them CHEAPLY transfer policy being ADOPTED.

We needed a manager who was WELL versed in the LOWER leagues who KNOWS the TALENT out there and not a Bundesliga FAILURE. I always said Steve Evans would have been an IDEAL fit, PASSIONATE in the dug out, RESPECTED through out the game and ULTRA Knowledgable about the lower leagues TALENT.

Maybe when Bloom REALISES this FOREIGN recruitment doesn't WORK he may get a manager who can do the job he wants him to.

Steve EVANS looks LIKE he's had LOTS of SAUSAGE. Did he I wonder MAKE regular TRIPS to the CLIFTONVILLE when he was MANAGER at CRAWLEY?

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
His got a 50% win rate, and his not gonna piss off because of the rubbish weather we have here. I expect him to be shirtless when it's snowing. His the right man for the job!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh FFS can we wait until Christmas before making judgements ? Or at least let's see who arrives before the window shuts ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Is does look that way, from the outside looking in. You could be forgiven for thinking Bloom is trying to get in every penny going. Who we got left with any market value??? We got no one left at club, you would get over a million for atm, apart from maybe Dunk and Lualua(maybe). It does smack of asset stripping getting ready to sell up and recoup as much as he can.

He is a gambler, and when gamblers go on long losing runs they need to recoup money from somewhere....

Not that I think Tony would do that as he seems level headed, but I thought I would throw that thought out there for someone like Hybrid X to latch onto and run with.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He's the right man for the suits (inexperienced, will do as he's told and has been miss sold the job) but wrong person for the job. Could have been worse though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The club has made it clear that it wants to take the Albion out of the division. So if we are relegated there is no cause to moan. The club did not say which WAY we would be exiting the division.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He is not the right man for the job IMHO , I said that when I heard he had been made manager, but I have always said that I will give any player or manager a fair chance.
I do think though that all the selling going is probably with his agreement so he can build his own team with his brand if football.
The players we have sold/ selling obviously do not it fit in with his type of football (apart from Ulloa) who I believe he wanted to keep.
Give him until Xmas then see where we are. If we are in the shite then , get rid of him or be relegated it's simple.
But we all know this club cannot afford to be relegated !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here