Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was he right to have a go?

Jan 21, 2012
I met him when i was serving in the Royal Navy and i can confirm the man is an arrogant ****!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I met him when i was serving in the Royal Navy and i can confirm the man is an arrogant ****!

My Brother in Law was based with him at Dartmouth years ago. Confirmed the same. Arrogant ********, disliked by many.

The statement he put out after the incident was typical of his arrogance: "The Police sometime get it wrong".

What is wrong is the UK taxpayer subsidising this waste of oxygen.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Put the boot in to the police and you are nicked, but if a rozzer does a carotid nerve pinch on a peaceful protester at Balcombe its ok. Thatchers Britain lives on !
Since when have that lot been peaceful...? They have no right to block a public road...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My Brother in Law was based with him at Dartmouth years ago. Confirmed the same. Arrogant ********, disliked by many.

The statement he put out after the incident was typical of his arrogance: "The Police sometime get it wrong".

What is wrong is the UK taxpayer subsidising this waste of oxygen.
He doesn't get a penny from the Civil List.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know a couple of people who have worked in the Duke of York's security previously.

Both (entirely separately) have suggested that he has a reputation of being rude and arrogant.

One of them tells a story that the guys on duty were in their office on a particular occasion, when the DoY came in, effing & blinding at them, claiming that he'd been woken by one of his cars doing donuts on the Royal Lawn at stupid o'clock in the morning. Naturally, he demanded to know which of the <insert appropriate obscenity> officers was responsible.

The story goes that the guy in charge calmly leads the Duke to the CCTV system, which shows, quite clearly, the royal vehicle performing the aforementioned manoeuvres on HRH's lovingly tended turf. And also that it was being driven, not one of the protection officers, but by <insert close acquaintance of the Duke of York here>.

How true it is, I know not. But the story always tickled me.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Don't call him 'Airmiles Andy for nothing....getting a helicopter to go 50 odd miles to a golf tournament at public expense...even his staff used to cringe with his rudeness when he was on trade missions...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Security should have known were he was surely, the moment it went into the garden the people guarding that area should have been alerted, remember it's their family home not a military installation

Completely irrelevant. As the OP stated, as security personnel, just because someone looks like someone famous, or who they know is permitted to be there does not mean you do not challenge them. I once got a very severe bollocking when in the RAF on guard duty during an exercise and I let my Sergeant through a checkpoint without checking his ID because I recognised him.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Even the Albion has a list of "familar faces who should be recognised" for their security people. You would think the Buckingham Palace security would have a similar list with photos of members of the royal family likely to be wandering around the grounds of their mother's home and the home in which they were raised. Prince Andrew is the Queen's son so you would think they would automatically know who he was. I think I would be pretty peeved if a plod questioned me as I walked up my own garden path.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
In the scheme of things seems this a fairly uninteresting story.

But add into the mix the vocal minority on here who are anti royals and waste no time in spitting venom along with the odd death threat you all of a sudden get...........oh wait i was wrong..............its still a very uninteresting story.

:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you sure? He certainly used to.

Only the Queen officially receives direct funding from the Civil List. The Queen's consort (Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh) receives £359,000 per year. The Queen, as head of state, receives £3,300,000 from the Civil List to defray some of the official expenditure of the monarchy.

The state duties and staff of other members of the Royal Family (but not the Prince of Wales, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, or Prince Harry) are funded from a parliamentary annuity, the amount of which is fully refunded by the Queen to the treasury. The Queen is permitted to claim this amount as a deduction against her gross income from personal investments and other sources - the net amount, after deductions, is subject to normal income tax.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
I know a couple of people who have worked in the Duke of York's security previously.

Both (entirely separately) have suggested that he has a reputation of being rude and arrogant.

One of them tells a story that the guys on duty were in their office on a particular occasion, when the DoY came in, effing & blinding at them, claiming that he'd been woken by one of his cars doing donuts on the Royal Lawn at stupid o'clock in the morning. Naturally, he demanded to know which of the <insert appropriate obscenity> officers was responsible.

The story goes that the guy in charge calmly leads the Duke to the CCTV system, which shows, quite clearly, the royal vehicle performing the aforementioned manoeuvres on HRH's lovingly tended turf. And also that it was being driven, not one of the protection officers, but by <insert close acquaintance of the Duke of York here>.

How true it is, I know not. But the story always tickled me.

Yep. I've worked with a few of the Royal Protection guys and the one constant in what they say is that Andrew is rude and obnoxious. Have heard a number of funny stories about him flipping out - was told about a firework display he'd set up when a fuse wouldn't light and he went ape. As it happens, everyone is very complimentary about Fergie, saying she was always charming and good natured to the teams working on the estate.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's funny but months and months of positive spin like the royal baby are undone in a tick by that useless **** and reminds people that they are a bunch of upper class , over privileged tossers

nailed right on the head

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
IMHO you're not lucky to be a Royal - I certainly wouldn't want to be.

I'd say they are extremely lucky. When you look at the security and money they are born into. I feel the same about anyone born into money. They have not done anything to earn it other than be born so why should they think they are better than anyone else who is doing their best to get by? I wouldn't want to be a royal either, but I would hope if I was I would appreciate the lifestyle I have as a result of it

The majority of people born in England and the West as a whole are very lucky when you look at the suffering that is experienced across the world.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Police apologise to Prince Andrew...I ask why....the Palace had two intruders and he is wandering around and is challenged to produce his ID. I was on sentry duty at a radar station and everyone...including the Admiral, all officers wether I knew their facial features or not I had to ask for ID on the promise of punishment if I did'nt...the police were doing their job and the mighty freeloader comes out with this 'Don't you know who I'm attitude...these days with clever masking and make up you can make a reasonable double.....I do have respect for the senior Royals but somehow this jumped up second son who was lucky enough to been born into Royalty thinks he has the right to act like prat...
I know we all have different opinions but this sort of behavior is uncalled for.....rant over.....peace be with you ...:thumbsup:

HMS Dryad perchance ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here