Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was David Beckham the last playing pro to have played at The Goldstone?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I thought David James played at the Goldstone though only from hearsay. I actually thought he might be the only player to have played at the Goldstone and the Amex.

He did, for Watford. Still going in Iceland I think

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
David James played in a League Game at The Goldstone & Amex. Did Lampard play in pre season friendly in the season just finished? I wasn't there. That would count as another.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I remember watching David James play for Watford at the Goldstone, just before he was due to move to Liverpool. After the game I thought Liverpool were making a mistake signing him.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Fat Frank did play in that pre season friendly. I also believe his 1st ever goal came at the Goldstone, may even have scored both that night, for Swansea. he was on loan from West Ham.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought David James played at the Goldstone though only from hearsay. I actually thought he might be the only player to have played at the Goldstone and the Amex.

He played for Brighton as well. It was a testimonial and a young James played in goal for an Albion team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fat Frank did play in that pre season friendly. I also believe his 1st ever goal came at the Goldstone, may even have scored both that night, for Swansea. he was on loan from West Ham.

He scored the first goal. Brighton went on to win 3-1 with goals from Barnes & Vicente.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He played for Brighton as well. It was a testimonial and a young James played in goal for an Albion team.

Wasnt that against Spurs in a testimonial match possibly Graham Moseley. I remember a testimonial match when Spurs started with a first XI but by half time they had about 4 playing the rest were youth as they substituted each player as soon as they took any form of knock Linneker lasted about 20 mins.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was David James involved in jimmy case's testimonial? It was a long time ago and I was young but I thought he was there?

Be definitely played for us in a testimonial. Which one I cannot recall.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
James played in the Spurs / Moseley testimonial - Gazza scored a 30 yard free kick past him into the south goal

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Lampard's only goal for Swansea was at the Goldstone in a 2-0 win on Tuesday 31st October 1995.

It must be on youtube somewhere but it was a cracker. Even at just 17, that cold night he was the difference. Swansea went down as well that season. He made his debut as a sub for West Ham later that season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here