Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was asked the question today how would Gulls Eye have reacted to these goings on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't see how a bunch of 20 something Albion fans running a fanzine with a bit of bollocks is being stuck in the past. No-one's imagining that Beach Hut will take to it, but he's as decrepit an old fart as I am.

Even I'm not that old.

As regards the manager situation then no, but with it being subject to employment law then I doubt anyone would get answers to questions. If you mean the move to a more corporate organisation, I can understand it, the club was losing 8m per annum and I am not sure bloom would want to keep funding that. I dont go into the anti barber thing he needs to reduce that loss and that is what he will do. I have a great seat in a great stadium watching some great players, but it comes at a cost and that cost is a more corporate organisation. I prefer it to sitting in the rain at withdean watching some dire football if I am honest.

That's pretty much how I see it.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
You must be in a time warp as all you rant on about is the past, the club was always going to move forward fro Withdean to Falmer to be far bigger and more of a corporate set up.

To be fair it is what most clubs have evolved to however about the nearest we got to this at Withdean was the £250 season ticket to the club corporate bar which was normally a portacabin.

You need to move on with the times.

54089 posts has warped your mind what a ridiculous answer to the question. Fanzines ask the questions people want to hear. Makes me think you are one of the sad people
on the club coaches playing bingo and rubbing scratchcards, thinking you are one of the superfans. You are the past.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I certainly would have been looking forward to the next issue of Gulls Eye.BTW i was cleaning my loft out the other day and stumbled across a few issues including the first (which was very thin!)

Feb 14, 2010
I expect a funny cartoon is how Gulls Eye would have dealt wit it. As for the editorial comment well, just ask yourself Harty how Gulls Eye would have reacted to losing to Palace in our back yard, and say Barry Lloyd coming out and delivering that press conference.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
54089 posts has warped your mind what a ridiculous answer to the question. Fanzines ask the questions people want to hear. Makes me think you are one of the sad people
on the club coaches playing bingo and rubbing scratchcards, thinking you are one of the superfans. You are the past.

Check me out a bit better as most will tell you you that is the one way I never ever go to away games by - a coach.

Try again

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What no groovy gang reference?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Check me out a bit better as most will tell you you that is the one way I never ever go to away games by - a coach.

Try again

I think you have tipped over the edge and it is now time to be a SUPERFAN.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think you have tipped over the edge and it is now time to be a SUPERFAN.

Really, I think you a ball short of an over as you really know little about me at all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I seem to remember sharing a taxi with you to a recent away game.

I rest my case.

I remember being with some Read-Admiral that day, strange fellow

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I expect a funny cartoon is how Gulls Eye would have dealt wit it. As for the editorial comment well, just ask yourself Harty how Gulls Eye would have reacted to losing to Palace in our back yard, and say Barry Lloyd coming out and delivering that press conference.

The defeat would have been bad enough, if Baz had come out and said that he would have ended up like Mussolini.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The defeat would have been bad enough, if Baz had come out and said that he would have ended up like Mussolini.

But he was already fat?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Really, I think you a ball short of an over as you really know little about me at all.

I was referring to the original comment of moving on with the times. I used to assist with Gulls eye and it was a way at the time that people were able to get answers.
Why should we take Barbers new memberships for memberships for memberships and not have a say.

What is going on with the manager etc. Next season maybe no Bridge, Upson , Vicente, Hammond, Bridcutt?, Buckley?. All we here is tight budget FFP and can you
give us more of your money. We must have a voice that asks the question are they taking the piss. Football clubs are more than the owners we learnt that lesson.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was referring to the original comment of moving on with the times. I used to assist with Gulls eye and it was a way at the time that people were able to get answers.
Why should we take Barbers new memberships for memberships for memberships and not have a say.

What is going on with the manager etc. Next season maybe no Bridge, Upson , Vicente, Hammond, Bridcutt?, Buckley?. All we here is tight budget FFP and can you
give us more of your money. We must have a voice that asks the question are they taking the piss. Football clubs are more than the owners we learnt that lesson.

No you were not, you decided I travel to games by coach with the supporters club and do scratch cards or something stupid, now you are twisting your judgement to something else.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
No you were not, you decided I travel to games by coach with the supporters club and do scratch cards or something stupid, now you are twisting your judgement to something else.

No decision. I said it made me think............

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Pm me Figgis we are arranging a 25th anniversary piss up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I remember being with some Read-Admiral that day, strange fellow

Did Roz think he was an officer and a gentleman ??? I didn't know if LB was supposed to be an older Richard Gere or James Robertson Justice.

Feb 14, 2010

I used to buy Gulls Eye and And Smith Must Score (whatever happened to that) but I think there is a big difference to those days and now. The difference is that the current board are trying to build a football club for the top flight. In those days the club was in serial decline and ended up with no ground and in Gillingham. Dont get me wrong, I will have nothing to do with membership schemes and I am a pay on the day away fan, but if they think these membership schemes will drive revenue for the club then fair enough. As for playing staff then really we cant expect Bloom to put his hand in his pocket for the players you mention. If he does (as he did this year) then we (and the manager) have to be grateful but we cannot expect it and that is why driving revenue is important to the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here