Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall on BBC Sussex

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Am i right in saying that Warren is a 'scout 'for us oop north. I thought he said that during the phone in !
He also said that there would be 3 signings'or so' before the end of the week .
Seemed fairly certain ....wouldnt say that on the radio if he didnt have a little inside knowledge !

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yeah he did say he did scouting, don't think he said the region though. Also went through how scouting a player works, about how names are passed down the chain and they watch them a lot before declaring interest.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I listened to there local radio on Saturday for the t=match and there guy was calling him El abdy. It was realy funny :laugh:

mickywilkins

Oct 8, 2008
Yeah he did say he did scouting, don't think he said the region though. Also went through how scouting a player works, about how names are passed down the chain and they watch them a lot before declaring interest.

Warren is scout for Brighton in the south, south-west and east of England

Well he seemed clueless, i was one of the callers and when i asked about why we had let a left back go before getting cover, his response was, alarmingly, why do we need a left back, we have got one. Absolutely disgusted, i pointed out to him that if painter was injured who would we have and got no answer. The same as centre of defence and the strikers, we have let people go and got nobody lined up to come in. I love Poyet and Bloom has been a saviour but the transfer dealings have ben very naive indeed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well he seemed clueless, i was one of the callers and when i asked about why we had let a left back go before getting cover, his response was, alarmingly, why do we need a left back, we have got one. Absolutely disgusted, i pointed out to him that if painter was injured who would we have and got no answer. The same as centre of defence and the strikers, we have let people go and got nobody lined up to come in. I love Poyet and Bloom has been a saviour but the transfer dealings have ben very naive indeed.

I heard that. I don't think it was a case of letting McNulty go but he couldn't handle the fact that Gus told him that Painter was the left back and he had to fight for his place and wasnt prepared to.

I heard that. I don't think it was a case of letting McNulty go but he couldn't handle the fact that Gus told him that Painter was the left back and he had to fight for his place and wasnt prepared to.

Well that may of been the case but if a player is under contract and does not want to fight for a place then he should of been made to wait until we did get another left back. Aspinall, "we don't need another left back" even though Poyet said we do and all the fans know as we do not have another one, what a ridiculous answer. Holroyd shoul of gone on loan and we should of kept davies at least until we had somebody more permanent or long term loan at least.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Not really McNulty wanted first team football and he wouldn't get that here. No point in having 2 expensive left backs, one of which would be unhappy, in the squad at the same time, cover will come if the worst happened. Personally I think the question was clueless.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
We have El-Abd and Kitchenshef that can play left back and at a push Whing. We all know the squad is a bit short at the moment.......and oh guess who knows better than anyone........POYET. Chill the funk out!

Not really McNulty wanted first team football and he wouldn't get that here. No point in having 2 expensive left backs, one of which would be unhappy, in the squad at the same time, cover will come if the worst happened. Personally I think the question was clueless.

So you would rather have on left back with no cover than 2 left back UNTIL we get a replacement, That is your answer is it?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So you would rather have on left back with no cover than 2 left back UNTIL we get a replacement, That is your answer is it?

Not that simple is it. McNulty would have been a waste of big wages sitting on the bench and we have El-abd who can play there is we got desperate. Would rather McNulty's wage went elsewhere in the squad

Look, I know it is not easy and there are many factors but we also let wright go, Gus himself stated he wanted 2 players for each position yet we have one left back. El Abd is playing covering centre back so my point is, if painter was injured in last game who do we have, Kishischev is in the middle where we are short too. As for the wage issue do we not have 4 keepers? I am sorry but we have not built a squad yet, just a team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here