Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warnock

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
McDermott got it right in his post natch interview saying that, aside from racial abuse, it doesn't matter what sort of treatment fans gives players. They're professionals and have to rise above it.

That stupid sack of shite Diouf should learn his lesson from this. I hope he doesn't though and continues to prove himself to be an absolute waste of oxygen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Actually, it was this. Although he carried it on for a bit longer and I can't confirm him mouthing anything..
You can't confirm him mouthing anything - but can you confirm that he didn't mouth anything? Was your gaze permanently fixed on his lips?
(Just a question: why comment on a photo from a game you weren't at? There's context to base your opinion on apart from a snapshot?)
Why not? I've read reports from others that were there, and from their manager, that say he did more than just hold his crotch:
McDermott said "You can`t do what Dioufy did." "you can`t get involved in stuff like that. He has apologised and he is upset". "'If you run 50 yards and make a gesture, that is not a heat of the moment thing. I believe 100 per cent he can learn from this - he has to."
Some Brighton fans have said he did more, but I'm not checking all their posts.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He got wound up by our chants, reacted and got sent off. We win.

:)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He ran 50 yards over to the away end, where he threw his arms about as if to suggest he were to somehow take on all 3000 travelling fans. He then preceded to grab his genitals and do a 'wanker' gesture, and somebody sat right at the front (I was further back) told me that he mouthed the words 'f*cking homo's'.

If so (or even just the first offence without the accused words) it's an offensive/abusive or insulting gesture, which is a red card under the laws of the game. End of.

Also, anyone defending the little runt by saying he was abused is an absolute HELMET. These players give themselves such a reputation that they must learn to deal with 'wanker' chants. Maybe next time a referee should be granted permission to flick the v's at home fans following 'the referee's a w*nker' being sung, it's the same logic. Players like Marlon King, Lee Hughes etc deal with it, why can't Diouf.

Ref was spot on, and credit to the lino.

Good summary.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
We do have some right MONGS for supporters dont we. He is referring to the Sky Sports TV show where they filmed some of the Millwall home fans racially abusing Diouf. He didn't at any point alude to Brighton fans being racist unless your a spectacle wearing retard.
You mean you're, as you are a spectacle wearing retard. Go back to school.

Oh, and I happen to wear "spectacles". So I assume this makes me a retard. Which in any case, I well and truly hope you fall down some stairs and well, one's imagination can think up a result.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Did anyone else notice how strange Colin looks? I'm sure he must have had botox injections in his face. No man of his age looks like that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did anyone else notice how strange Colin looks? I'm sure he must have had botox injections in his face. No man of his age looks like that.

That's the one problem with high def TV , it shows up all the make up that covers up imperfections and blemishes which in the old days wouldn't have been noticed. The camera doesn't lie.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I didn't see what he actually got sent off for, I assumed at the time it was for swearing but apparently there was some kind of wanker gesture? In which case I can assure you that HUNDREDS of Brighton fans were giving him the exact same gesture as he ran up to celebrate his goal with us. Perhaps as you werent at the match you shouldn't be commenting?

You're a dick.

That is all.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He ran 50 yards over to the away end, where he threw his arms about as if to suggest he were to somehow take on all 3000 travelling fans. He then preceded to grab his genitals and do a 'wanker' gesture, and somebody sat right at the front (I was further back) told me that he mouthed the words 'f*cking homo's'.

If so (or even just the first offence without the accused words) it's an offensive/abusive or insulting gesture, which is a red card under the laws of the game. End of.

Also, anyone defending the little runt by saying he was abused is an absolute HELMET. These players give themselves such a reputation that they must learn to deal with 'wanker' chants. Maybe next time a referee should be granted permission to flick the v's at home fans following 'the referee's a w*nker' being sung, it's the same logic. Players like Marlon King, Lee Hughes etc deal with it, why can't Diouf.

Ref was spot on, and credit to the lino.

Agree totally .... If I was being paid 20 grand a week playing football the fans could call me whatever they wanted

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The bloke is a ****ing dick, he wasn't at the game but accusing us of racial abuse. Wonder what he would have said if he had heard the Jimmy Saville song yesterday, bloody funny that was.

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
Well, I thought that anyone listening would think, as I did, that he was implying racism. I've listened again, several times & maybe I'm not quite as sure but .....

I complained last night to the BBC. This:
YOUR COMPLAINT:
Complaint Summary: Mention of Brighton & Hove Albion & Neil Warnock
Full Complaint: 1 Brighton & Hove Albion have made the playoffs but this was not mentioned in the discussion after the match was broadcast - teams below were mentioned. This programme almost always avoids mentioning B&HA but this was inexcusable. 2. Neil Warnock implied that El Hadji Diouf might have been the victim of racial abuse at this match from Brighton fans, because that was what he got at Millwall, and therefore he made an obscene gesture. There was absolutely no evidence that this was the case, he was not racially abused when Leeds played Brighton in November, so there was no reason for travelling fans to do it, either. This programme ought to apologise for this slur on these fans. However, knowing of the bias it has against this team, I very much doubt if it will. I can only hope that B&HA win the playoffs to escape from the total bias of this programme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here