Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warnock/March

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Talking of Warnock, he looked as out of his depth last night as he did when he played in the Prem. A truly awful left back who has proved any left footed English player can get an international cap.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Calde's yellow was 100% deserved. I could see as soon as he went in for it that he wouldn't get the ball. I'm not even sure he expected to get it. Stupid challenge, possibly trying to break up play a bit.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think Neil Warnock's legacy lives on at Leeds. They really did try every trick in the book, so as much as the ref made a number of minor mistakes on the whole I thought he managed pretty well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Weird thread.

A ref COULD have seen a red in the high foot, but it would have been very harsh. All round he had a perfectly good game.

After the shockers we've endured this last 12 months we hold be celebrating a ref performance like that.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Ref seemed to give fouls for good tackles, yellow card for what would normally be just a foul, thankfully there was no bad tackles

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
My biggest problem with the Warnock incident, was that WSL appeared to be organising a mass prawn sandwich protest. I am not a massive fan over overreacting crowds, but if one of our players is kicked in the head right in front of you, surely this is the time to be baying for blood ?

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Thought the referee had a good first half. All of the yellow cards were justified. In the second half he was more inconsistent and must have gone home disappointed that he failed to match his Championship average of five bookings! Compared to the cheat Hoops he was perfectly acceptable.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
My biggest problem with the Warnock incident, was that WSL appeared to be organising a mass prawn sandwich protest. I am not a massive fan over overreacting crowds, but if one of our players is kicked in the head right in front of you, surely this is the time to be baying for blood ?

Had you considered that the WSL had a good view of both incidents and reacted accordingly? Austin was screaming before he was even touched, and it was clear that the incident with Warnock was unintentional. If a player goes for the ball on your blindside after you have started going for it yourself, there may well be contact.

As for 'prawn sandwich brigade' ... Got a chip on your shoulder?!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Had you considered that the WSL had a good view of both incidents and reacted accordingly? Austin was screaming before he was even touched, and it was clear that the incident with Warnock was unintentional. If a player goes for the ball on your blindside after you have started going for it yourself, there may well be contact.

Or a prawn sandwich on the shoulder, maybe?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

my biggest frustration was the elegant slide tackle from Ince in the 1st half that was called back..no hint of aggression, clean take of the ball..appreciate that getting the ball these days does not mean it is a fair tackle, but I couldn't see anything wrong with it at all from my view in the North Stand...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

As a west stand lower occupant sitting at that end, I know that applies to at least the people around me.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

This is just it, it was all very reasonable. An angry mob, can and do influence a game, too many of ours only get angry if there is no sugar for the tea, or the exit queues are too long coming out of the car park. I am not really singling out WSL here and have no axe to grind, it is just that this is where the incident happened and I had a good view of the crowd reaction or lack of it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought the ref was pretty fair all game. A few slightly odd decisions but nothing major wrong.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Calde's yellow was a poor one from Calde's perspective. He had no chance of getting the ball, so his lunge was only ever going to result in a theatric dive, irrespective of the degree of contact. Fortunately it didn't have a major effect on the outcome, but against a team with more pace (Zaha last year) a full back getting a booking so early, so foolishly could have been key.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here