Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Warning* Ticket collection tomorrow night.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think you need to tell the club......it has certainly upset you by the number of times you mentioned it over the last 18 hours or so.

You're right, emailed them last night, no answer yet. It really annoyed me that I don't have a lot of time before 7, I rushed over there, like a good little customer, and they were shut

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
You're right, emailed them last night, no answer yet. It really annoyed me that I don't have a lot of time before 7, I rushed over there, like a good little customer, and they were shut

Tbf you said they were closed at 6:53. Its hardly like they knocked off at lunch is it?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Why on earth wouldn't you print your ticket at home!?? Surely most people have access to a printer either at home or at work!?!

Exactly. EVERYONE has access to a library with a printer aswell. No excuse.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tbf you said they were closed at 6:53. Its hardly like they knocked off at lunch is it?

To be fair, I'd be pretty macked off as well if I'd dashed to the Amex and seemingly got there just in time, only to be confronted by a locked door because some herbert fancied copping off a few minutes early.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think staying open till 7pm gives all a fair chance,no excuse for not getting along tbh.

Yeah, you're right, I should have closed my business early, letting down my customers, and gone over there earlier and offered the staff a lift home as well, I'm sure they would have appreciated that. The fact is they advertised 7o'clock and shut early, meaning I may now have to queue vfor god knows how long, because they didn't drink their job correctly

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Internet Cafe, Library?......If you don't have access to a printer at home/work/a friend/relation.

yeah, you're right, i should have closed my business early, letting down my customers, and gone over there earlier and offered the staff a lift home as well, i'm sure they would have appreciated that. The fact is they advertised 7o'clock and shut early, meaning i may now have to queue vfor god knows how long, because they didn't drink their job correctly

There lies the problem???

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This could have been so much less stressful for all concerned if the club had followed through with the following idea.

Martin Perry:

'A non STH buying a ticket for the first time will be issued a paper ticket, after the match but before the next one a smart card will be delivered free to their home for future use. Then each game can be uploaded onto his/her card after online or phone purchase. Queues will eventually be non existent at the Amex!'

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's okay, I've just realised, even the ticket office staff leave 10 minutes before the end

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This could have been so much less stressful for all concerned if the club had followed through with the following idea.

Martin Perry:

'A non STH buying a ticket for the first time will be issued a paper ticket, after the match but before the next one a smart card will be delivered free to their home for future use. Then each game can be uploaded onto his/her card after online or phone purchase. Queues will eventually be non existent at the Amex!'

Fine in theory ... Problem is, that smart card will only work if the customer continually occupies the same seat. That's the reason STH need a paper ticket if they wish to change their seat for certain games.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Fine in theory ... Problem is, that smart card will only work if the customer continually occupies the same seat. That's the reason STH need a paper ticket if they wish to change their seat for certain games.

Why though? Surely the card is connected to a customer number not a seat number? The seat and match can be added on a game-by-game basis?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Why though? Surely the card is connected to a customer number not a seat number? The seat and match can be added on a game-by-game basis?

You need something to show the stewards etc... to identify (and in my case, to remind myself) the seat you have booked.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This is easy to resolve. You email the seat number and ask the attendee to bring this with them. Those that forget, or try sitting in the wrong seat, will be checked against a hand-held device and issued their seat number.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can now board a plane to anywhere in the World without a paper ticket or 'smartcard', so the technology exists for barcodes to be sent to mobile devices for scanning at the gates..........got to be the way forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here