[NSC] Warning of stuff

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
The sole of this thread has floundered , too many barbed comments , but it was an elver of a ride .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The sole of this thread has floundered , too many barbed comments , but it was an elver of a ride .
Blimey you're a ray of sunshine. Woken up crabby this morning? Need more en-dolphins.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What a breath of fresh air this plaice is - absolutely no bait in sight whatsoever, no people trying to mussel in on other people’s conversations or being asked to scale back on shellfish comments - Bozza is clearly a dab hand at this.

(All we need now are a few shoals next Tuesday and all be right with the world again.)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
(WOKE WARNING!) Sorry to disrupt the tide of fish puns, but I for one am really pleased to see this. I can appreciate how much work it is for you and the mods but as our team grows in stature and popularity so to will NSC surely, and these kind of measures will become more and more unavoidable and the forum less and less welcoming if we’re not careful.

NSC has always been a very tolerant place in my eyes, (I guess there is a strong chance a lot more moderating goes on that I don’t see.) Pretty much anything other than racism/sexism/homophobia goes it seems, which isn’t all bad, we all enjoy a bit of a piss take I think, and overly sanitised forums are a bore, but there is often quite a consistent, highly unattractive undertone that does frequently drive me away for periods.

I find it so tiresome the way in which many seem completely incapable of disagreeing (debate ultimately being the heart of what makes this place interesting) without being overtly aggressive/insulting/demeaning/stubborn/forthright/arrogant/condescending etc that I personally find quite distasteful. Much, MUCH harder to moderate than the obvious use of inappropriate language/discrimination I’ll admit. Why do people feel the need to be so personal all the time. Just disagree politely! An alternate point of view to yours does not make the other person wrong, let alone ‘stupid!’

…and can we please do something to discourage the morons (hypocrite) that feel the frequent need to point out every misplaced spelling or grammatical error in a vain effort to humiliate and denigrate. I find that so tiresome and the lowest form of contribution to NSC! Not all of us have had the privilege of an equal upbringing, societal influences and/or access to education. (Que a swathe of comments re all the errors in my monologue haha)

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
(WOKE WARNING!) Sorry to disrupt the tide of fish puns, but I for one am really pleased to see this. I can appreciate how much work it is for you and the mods but as our team grows in stature and popularity so to will NSC surely, and these kind of measures will become more and more unavoidable and the forum less and less welcoming if we’re not careful.

NSC has always been a very tolerant place in my eyes, (I guess there is a strong chance a lot more moderating goes on that I don’t see.) Pretty much anything other than racism/sexism/homophobia goes it seems, which isn’t all bad, we all enjoy a bit of a piss take I think, and overly sanitised forums are a bore, but there is often quite a consistent, highly unattractive undertone that does frequently drive me away for periods.

I find it so tiresome the way in which many seem completely incapable of disagreeing (debate ultimately being the heart of what makes this place interesting) without being overtly aggressive/insulting/demeaning/stubborn/forthright/arrogant/condescending etc that I personally find quite distasteful. Much, MUCH harder to moderate than the obvious use of inappropriate language/discrimination I’ll admit. Why do people feel the need to be so personal all the time. Just disagree politely! An alternate point of view to yours does not make the other person wrong, let alone ‘stupid!’

…and can we please do something to discourage the morons (hypocrite) that feel the need to point out every misplaced spelling or grammatical error in a vain effort to humiliate and denigrate. I find that so tiresome and the lowest form of contribution to NSC! Not all of us have had the privilege of an equal upbringing, societal influences and/or access to education. (Que a swathe of comments re my monologue haha)
*cough* cue *cough*

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

…and can we please do something to discourage the morons (hypocrite) that feel the frequent need to point out every misplaced spelling or grammatical error in a vain effort to humiliate and denigrate. I find that so tiresome and the lowest form of contribution to NSC! Not all of us have had the privilege of an equal upbringing, societal influences and/or access to education. (Que a swathe of comments re all the errors in my monologue haha)
Effishently put .... lend us ten quid and I'll buy you a drink

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Relax. The spelling and grammatical errors are often highlighted for the comedy. Perhaps have another read of the OP before calling people morons and hypocrites.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Relax. The spelling and grammatical errors are often highlighted for the comedy. Perhaps have another read of the OP before calling people morons and hypocrites.
Very relaxed thank you! I was calling myself the hypocrite for calling out the ‘morons’ 🙄

I recognise that on some occasions it is meant in ‘good’ humour, but it very often isn’t, and I personally find it a bit basic tbh.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports