[NSC] Warning of stuff

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's all got a bit tiresome...

1. People baiting others into retaliatory antagonism.
2. Screaming for a policeman when they get exactly the reaction they seemed to be looking for.
3. Bickering, repeatedly, across numerous threads, often derailing long-standing decent conversations, ruining them for others who wish to remain on-topic.

There is an ignore function. If someone's mere presence on NSC annoys you that much, please use it.

We'll be delving into the moderating toolkit a bit more than we have previously...

1. Thread bans. If you engage in thread derailing, even if "he started it", you will be removed from that thread without warning.
2. Force Ignore. Where two NSCers clearly can't stay away from each other, we can put a bi-directional forced ignore in place. We've never used it before, but it may be time to do so now. When this is put in place by a moderator, you are unable to remove it.

But, please, if someone grates with you, just scroll by. You don't have to stick the boot in - you're not going to win the internet.
I've just re-read the old classic recruitment thread after the new one about recruitment. May I suggest you start another NSC to run concurrently with this one you describe with the system above, but make it like the one in those days? I miss it a bit. Some of the insults on that thread are absolutely first class.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's all got a bit tiresome...

1. People baiting others into retaliatory antagonism.
2. Screaming for a policeman when they get exactly the reaction they seemed to be looking for.
3. Bickering, repeatedly, across numerous threads, often derailing long-standing decent conversations, ruining them for others who wish to remain on-topic.

There is an ignore function. If someone's mere presence on NSC annoys you that much, please use it.

We'll be delving into the moderating toolkit a bit more than we have previously...

1. Thread bans. If you engage in thread derailing, even if "he started it", you will be removed from that thread without warning.
2. Force Ignore. Where two NSCers clearly can't stay away from each other, we can put a bi-directional forced ignore in place. We've never used it before, but it may be time to do so now. When this is put in place by a moderator, you are unable to remove it.

But, please, if someone grates with you, just scroll by. You don't have to stick the boot in - you're not going to win the internet.
Yes, needed I think. Little bit dubious about Force Ignore though - that could be more stalking or bullying rather than a two way thing - I would have thought Thread bans would usually cover it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
50?!! :lolol:
At some point Harry, you'll have to rethink the phrase 'it's not you it's me'
I have one, that seems to post every time we lose a game....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have 50 people on ignore. At least half of them have been banned, and I keep them on my list merely as a reminder of the good, good times.

I think you created the force Harry. The Jedi Master you are.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yes, needed I think. Little bit dubious about Force Ignore though - that could be more stalking or bullying rather than a two way thing - I would have thought Thread bans would usually cover it?
I think it sounds great. There are a few who follow each other around the board trying to get a rise out of the other. It’s tedious for the rest of us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
50?!! :lolol:
At some point Harry, you'll have to rethink the phrase 'it's not you it's me'
I have one, that seems to post every time we lose a game....
Of course it's me. Haven't you been reading the mental health threads? ???

Anyway, the phrase I prefer is 'you're dead to me'. :lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I gave up trying to win the internet in my angry 20s… I also gave up trying to ‘win’ Sonic, when I couldn’t get past that level with all the water slides… I could‘t live with all the drowned little blue hedgehogs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I gave up trying to win the internet in my angry 20s… I also gave up trying to ‘win’ Sonic, when I couldn’t get past that level with all the water slides… I could‘t live with all the drowned little blue hedgehogs.
Yeah f*** those underwater levels

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
life of brian GIF

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports