Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warming to Roy Keane as a pundit

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
Not sure whats happening but I am starting to quite like Roy Keane - weird !!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Me too. I liked his obvious but controlled contempt of Gareth Southgate.

Love him. Southgate couldn't have laced his boots as a player, and now honest Roy tells it straight and boots Southgate's inane diplomatic comments into touch.

Adrian Childs used to be good on Working Lunch, was OK on the One Show ... but now so so dull.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Keane's a misery guts. He went overboard on his criticism of England at half time, calling us sloppy and saying Parker wasn't doing enough. Now Parker's being praised on the phone-ins. He was also out of order having a pop at the Ireland fans. I'd rather watch Hansen, Dixon and Lineker than the Itv freakshow.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I liked it the other night when RK was sitting next to Patrick Vieira, and the chat topic was player egos. I remember them snarling at each other in the tunnel before MU/Arse games on Sky TV! They would then go and kick the shi*e out of each other for 90 mins :lol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
must say I don't like Roy Keene that much as a person but if I were running a league team and he was available he would be the first on the team sheet.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I prefer the Irish's RTE. Eamon Dunphy is an old drunk. Great entertainment though. Roy Keane is doing his best to be edgy along the same lines on ITV.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can't warm to Roy Keane at all, such a miserable bastard. You can imagine all the others having a laugh and a joke with each other off air, but not Roy.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What I like about Keane is that he says what he thinks - isn't that what you want pundits to do? There is way too many guarded comments and tepid remarks for my liking. Love him or hate him, he says what he thinks, he's alright in my book.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It's a shame he is such an abortion of a bloke, as his opinions on football are probably quite valid.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Have to say that I think Carragher is superb too. He and Keane clearly respect each other and Keane looks a lot more interested when he's alongside him.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can't stand him on there. Just comes across as miserable, bitter, curmudgeonly old git. He sits there and talks about desire and committment, as the guy who flounced off home after a spat with the manager.

He must have huge knowledge, and experience to impart on us, in a similar way to how Gary Neville has done on Sky, but instead he chooses to be the grumpy old sourpuss all the time.

Sorry, can't stand him. But he's not the worst on the Euro coverage, all the time Carragher keeps getting brought into a studio.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Keane's a misery guts. He went overboard on his criticism of England at half time, calling us sloppy and saying Parker wasn't doing enough. Now Parker's being praised on the phone-ins. He was also out of order having a pop at the Ireland fans. I'd rather watch Hansen, Dixon and Lineker than the Itv freakshow.

I don't think he went overboard at all, and his criticisms of Scott Parker were spot-on.

If Parker was being praised on the phone-ins, Christ alone knows why. But if that was the case, it shows England fans will celebrate mediocrity to incredulous levels.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't think he went overboard at all, and his criticisms of Scott Parker were spot-on.

If Parker was being praised on the phone-ins, Christ alone knows why. But if that was the case, it shows England fans will celebrate mediocrity to incredulous levels.

We only have to mention our own phone-ins after Brighton matches to realise that just because you ring up to talk about the match, it doesn't necessarily mean you know what you are talking about :)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
His obvious contempt for Chiles is hilarious. The look on his face 90% of the time is a grimace of tired discomfort mixed with gurgling hatred for the "bubbly fool" presenting.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Mediocrity? That's the Republic Of Ireland. Parker gave his all, as did Gerrard and Milner. You think beating Ukraine in Donetsk in front of 56,000 Ukrainians in a do or die contest is easy? I loved the shot of Parker, having fallen over, crawling on all fours to make a tackle with his head. That's the sort of bulldog spirit Lampard and Barry can only dream of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here