Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wardy's Biography

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
Thinking about buying Peter wards biography to read on the plane on my way to Jamaica, can anyone tell me if it's worth reading. Cheers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be honest it is OK but not the greatest book I have read, or are you just trying to tell us you have a holiday in Jamaica coming up ???

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Interesting, but not gripping. But just read John Grisham's 'A Painted House'. A wonderful read (not a law firm book). And 'Dead Simple' by Peter James. Could barely put down both of them this year.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was born too late to worship Peter Ward and it the book itself was nothing special.

Interesting, but not gripping. But just read John Grisham's 'A Painted House'. A wonderful read (not a law firm book). And 'Dead Simple' by Peter James. Could barely put down both of them this year.

I liked 'A Painted House', probably going to read it again, but I haven't come across anyone else that shared my optimism for the book.

It depends.

If you want an insightful interesting book about being a professional footballer there are many better books around.

If you want a book written (at least in part) by the best player ever to play for the Albion then buy it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Garry Nelson's books are in fact a very entertaining read, they give a very good insight to playing and managing in the lower leagues.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've just started Gordan Smith's. Anyone else read it?

First chapter mentions they recorded a cup winning song with Smith singing lead vocals which obviously never got released. Anyone heard it?

Also mentions that they didn't make any money out of the song as anything they made had to go to paying for cleaning up Elton John's (it was recorded at his private studio) lift after Mossely puked in there.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Its his AUTO biography!

He wrote it all by himself. the clever thing!

Biographies can be written by anyone. Even Me

Very few autobiographies are written completely, or even in part, by the subjects themselves. Your Paul Mersons and Tony Adams of the world are interviewed at various stages along the way and someone who can actually thread words together in a coherent manner on the page gets the job of writing the 'autobiography' and making (in thier case) alcoholism sound vaguely interesting. Many 'autobiogs' contain a fair amount of artistic licence -Papillon being a good example, much of the content having since been discredited. Next we'll be hearing that neither Naomi Campbell nor Jordan actually wrote their own novels!!!! Sacre bleu!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm pretty sure it is his Official Biography, as opposed to autobiography. It is written by Matt Horner. A ghostwritten autobiography would be written in the first person and would not have the name of the ghostwriter/author on the front. In the case of Wardy's book, it is written in the third person, supplemented with many interviews with the man himself, fans, friends and colleagues. It even has 'the official biography' written on the front.

Sorry to be a pedant.

51uecGERWdL._SS500_.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is his Official Biography, as opposed to autobiography. It is written by Matt Horner. A ghostwritten autobiography would be written in the first person and would not have the name of the ghostwriter/author on the front. In the case of Wardy's book, it is written in the third person, supplemented with many interviews with the man himself, fans, friends and colleagues. It even has 'the official biography' written on the front.

Sorry to be a pedant.

51uecGERWdL._SS500_.jpg

Oooh i say - should have checked.

And to think, I've got a copy and read it and everything.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not brilliant,but a must read for me as I can remember those fabulous far off days.
Nice to have Wardy's autograph in it as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here