Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wardy or Zamora - who was best?

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Having seen both of them at their best its a close one to call. BZ is undoubtedly one of the finest players to pull on an Albion shirt, certainly in my time. However, I am afraid Wardy just has the edge - I am not a statistican but I think his scoring record was slightly better and he did score consistently at what was then Div 2 (now Div 1) level.

Altogther now ......

WE ALL LIVE IN WARDY WONDERLAND ETC.ETC.

Anyone else care to venture an opinion?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I never saw Wardy play 'cos I was still in figures when he played for the Albion, so my Dad, probably wisely, didn't take me to games.

Zamora, however, is the best player I've ever seen.

:)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I tihnk the difference between the two was wardy did his scoring in a hgiher league than Zamora and that probably make sthe difference of course Bobby still has his career ahead of him to show his full potential.

In an Albion shirt though I would go for Wardy.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
striker Zamora, player Wardy. He dropped his shoulder then breezed past a player. There was an anticipation whenever he got the ball, whereever on the pitch. It was a privilege watching the bloke.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
It's probably an 'age' thing, because I was watching Wardy when I was a teenager, I thought he was God in a stripey shirt and my feelings for the man haven't diminished at all over time.
Bobby's been fantastic for us too....but my vote, with no hesitation goes to Peter Ward (How many penalties did he win for us taking the piss out of clumsy defenders? GENIUS)
Lastly, Ward still loves The Albion after all these years, let's hope Bobby remembers us with similar fondness too.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
C1 BHA said:
It's probably an 'age' thing, because I was watching Wardy when I was a teenager, I thought he was God in a stripey shirt and my feelings for the man haven't diminished at all over time.
Bobby's been fantastic for us too....but my vote, with no hesitation goes to Peter Ward (How many penalties did he win for us taking the piss out of clumsy defenders? GENIUS)
Lastly, Ward still loves The Albion after all these years, let's hope Bobby remembers us with similar fondness too.

Like sending the fans a goodbye message like Micky did when he went????

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Having seen both, I can honestly say Ward was far better. However Bobby still has time to improve.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Wardy by a long way,and as someone posted earlier said, he still loves the club.
But deep respect to Bobby Z,he was the nearest thing to Wardy I have seen in 20 years:clap:

So who will be the next Legend?,and I hope we dont have to wait another 20 years to find him:albion:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wardy, no contest but Bobby was special

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gotta be Wardy. He was by far and away the most naturally talented player to turn out for the Albion. Zamora is good and will get better but Wardy had that little bit extra that makes a player truly special.

Can I be the founder member of the Peter Ward fan club?

:clap2: :clap2: :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wardy was the most exciting by a long way, but then Wardy was more exciting to watch than Ryan Giggs.

But who was the better player, I think Bobby Z will have a more successful career, despite the very recent set back.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wardy by some way. I never felt the buzz with BZ that I did with Wardy, maybe it's an age thing.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
REMEMBER the great KIT NAPIER
Scored more goals than both Peter & Bobby.
Having said that, I go for Wardy ! Simply because he humiliated defenders and scored sublime goals at the highest level (hat trick away to Wolves is my fondest memory on a frozen pitch against Emlyn Hughes shortly before Xmas 1979)

Jameson

Wardy - a player blessed with perfect balance - few can equal - perhaps only Ian Wright/Georgie B in my memory. However, Zamora is a slightly different player - with both 30 goal+ players don't argue -celebrate. We have been truly blessed (apols Georgie - the best of them all). :clap:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Van der Gully said:
Bobby is a good player, Ward is a living legend.

Spot on Van de.....

:clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here