Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward deal off... Paul Konchesky

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Ask my family where they'd be happier living, Brighton or Wolverhampton

I love this continued Brighton is the best place to live argument. However it doesn't seem to be much of a pull to prospective players.
We have to remember players that play for Wolves, Burnley, Stoke and other such shit towns don't go and buy a house in that town. For example most of the Stoke players live in Prestbury / Alderley Edge etc where their neighbours are Man Utd players and are fantastic places to live.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If we sign konchesky instead of Ward & the extra. &150k out if £8m rolling in then we are in for a terrible season
PK is an appalling player, has one poor foot and the worst positional sense of any defender I've ever seen. If SH is going to drag in old mate rejects like this and no goalscorer uk top we 're looking at relegation fodder

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If we sign konchesky instead of Ward & the extra. &150k out if £8m rolling in then we are in for a terrible season
PK is an appalling player, has one poor foot and the worst positional sense of any defender I've ever seen. If SH is going to drag in old mate rejects like this and no goalscorer uk top we 're looking at relegation fodder

But apart from that... no complaints?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Played with Sammi at Liverpool?

Jesus, how many players 'played with Sami at Liverpool'? Steve Highway? Emre Can? Sami was there until 1999, Konchesky arrived 11 years later in 2010.

Do I really have to stare at Konchesky's ugly bald head all season? Come on Wardy!

EDIT: I'M BEING A DICK It's 2009, and 2010. One year.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Jesus, how many players 'played with Sami at Liverpool'? Steve Highway? Emre Can? Sami was there until 1999, Konchesky arrived 11 years later in 2010.

Do I really have to stare at Konchesky's ugly bald head all season? Come on Wardy!

No Sami signed in 1999 left in 2009

Konchesky didn't sign till Sami had left anyway

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can well believe Ward might not happen, but I can't believe Paul Konchesky is even close to being considered. The only previous we have with aging defenders are with proven, England-capped former Champions League / Premier League players.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Well according to David Burke when he did an interview for seagulls player they have at least four players in each position lined up, so won't be an issue.

Koncheskey would be a good replacement for one year. 31 starts for a team who cruised to the title.

Anyway whoever says he is underwhelming is completely DELUDED.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

You might want to double check your dates there, think Sami was there a while longer than '99

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I can well believe Ward might not happen, but I can't believe Paul Konchesky is even close to being considered. The only previous we have with aging defenders are with proven, England-capped former Champions League / Premier League players.

Konchesky has 222 premier league STARTS.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

Gosh, was it really that long ago? Seems like only yesterday, but then I am quite old nowadays!
:facepalm:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Do you think maybe you're exaggerating how bad he is a bit?

I can't imagine that someone as terrible as some are making him out to be would be the first choice left-back for a Championship winning team, which I believe he was last year.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
How many of them for a top 4 team? Alternatively, how old was he when he last started in the Premier League?

If he was all that, Leicester would have KEPT him. They didn't.

Is he not still at Leicester then?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I believe Bozza suggested ward was on 18k a week not the rumoured 13k at wolves, maybe he had just decided to take he money for another year and walk on a free at the end if the season, dissapointing if true but very feesable

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
And konchesky at 31 would be absolutely fine, a starting full back for last years champions.... Why wouldn't we be interested !

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
You might want to double check your dates there, think Sami was there a while longer than '99
Arrived in 1999 - left in 2009, konchesky signed for the Reds in 2009, I was only one year out !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Konchesky has 222 premier league STARTS.

And two England caps :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here