Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wanted: Refrigeration engineer

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank you Dave for all your help, much appreciated.

I've cleared the condenser (?) that's underneath the FF (the thing that's normally at the back of a FF). It has 14 years worth of dust attached to the pipes, which should have been plenty to stop it working properly. But 5 hours later, the Freezer has gone down to -11, then back up to -2, and the fridge has done no better than +11, so I don't think it's fixed (I'll check tomorrow).

Assuming it's not fixed, which thermistor should I change first - there's
THERMISTOR - FRIDGE
THERMISTOR - FREEZER
THERMISTOR - EVAPORATOR / FRIDGE

and how do I do it?

Thanks

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They're a bit like TV's these days. It's easier just to dump and buy new.
I've worked in white good repairs since 1989, that makes me qualified to back up the 'shit advice' comment :smile:
Fridge Freezer fixed.

Total cost of parts, £67.16.

Oh, and a couple of phone calls, and 35 text messages to Dave :D

Thank you Dave, you're a star. The Christmas cancellation is cancelled!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fridge Freezer fixed.

Total cost of parts, £67.16.

Oh, and a couple of phone calls, and 35 text messages to Dave :D

Thank you Dave, you're a star. The Christmas cancellation is cancelled!

Good work.

Don't forget to thank doug for his excellent advice, too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good work.

I sometimes wonder if you can read. I gave no advice, I just told people that they are GETTING more like TV's, whereby they are not as simple as they once were so aren't as easy to repair. I also said that it's EASIER to replace than repair. I didn't say or mean that it would be cheaper. Have a nice day sir.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed. Thank you Doug. Without your efforts, I reckon Dave would have given up on me after 5 text messages. As it was, he was prepared to move mountains to prove you wrong, so thanks again.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dave is a good man. Rubbish at pool though.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My symptoms were similar, and the cause was that the pipe that the fridge uses to draw cold air up from the freezer, to cool it, had blocked (frozen). All I had to do to resolve it (a 2 day full defrost would have worked, but I didn't really want the inconvinience) was to blow a hairdryer (on a WARM setting - too hot can damage somthing apparently) up that apperture for 25 minutes - until no more melted water was dripping out (in my case - Samsung - it was right at the top, back left, behind the freezer drawers).

Worked fine ever since.

Oh.. I have the exact same problem with my Samsung at the moment, Freezer -16 Fridge +13. I have done all the hoovering the vents at the back, resetting etc. Should I defrost it over Xmas whilst I am away?

Any advice apart from ditch it and buy a new one welcome! :D

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Oh.. I have the exact same problem with my Samsung at the moment, Freezer -16 Fridge +13. I have done all the hoovering the vents at the back, resetting etc. Should I defrost it over Xmas whilst I am away?

Any advice apart from ditch it and buy a new one welcome! :D
Is it an RS21 or similar?
Samsung had a safety bulletin out over that particular range pertaining to the defrost circuits in the fridge compartments.
May be worth ringing their customer service department with the model and serial number.
I would suggest a manual de-frost over a period of 72 hours.
If the problem returns after that, there will be summat wrong with the de-frost heaters ( there's 2 ) and the air flow chamber.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here