Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walton Recalled

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Maenpaa out for the rest of the season then given the clubs release date of injury news compared to reality.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Hughton has realised that he needs better 3rd choice cover than Ankergren considering our position in the league. Maenpaa will be out for a few weeks at least I reckon so Walton is sufficient cover until he is back.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Agreed, so what is the point of Casper still being here? Surely get rid in the summer, even if hes only on a few hundred quid a week, its a waste of wages. Way past being competitive at this level, much better to try and blood one for the future than rely on one way past his sell by date.

Ankergren to Luton on Loan :lol:

That's the way to treat a loyal team member!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sensible decision. Yes, it's a shame he won't get regular first team football for the rest of the season, barring injuries, but why leave ourselves open to a goalkeeping crisis or have to get someone in at short notice when we have a good option out on loan.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Does this show that season long loans can be recalled, despite what is often said on here?!

It depends whether there is a clause. I'm guessing we insisted on one as if Maenpaa or Stockdale got injured we'd want to recall him

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Feel a bit sorry for Luton and Jonesy but ultimately Brighton come first. I'd back Walton to do a job in this league when called upon, I couldn't say the same about Ankergren.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does this show that season long loans can be recalled, despite what is often said on here?!

There has never been a problem recalling season long loans, its down to each individual loan deal if it is possible or not. To be recalled a clause put into the original loan agreement, and the clause can only be activated during the January window.

We obviously inserted the clause in the Walton deal, but there isn't one in the Murray deal with Bournemouth.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We need 2 first class fit keepers + Casper. I would guess that when Maenpaa got injured, we looked at our options, maybe made a few calls over a couple of days and realised that there was no way we could get a keeper as good as Walton without significant investment. Sorry Nathan, c'est la vie

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had to be done.
Given games, Casper could return to near his level, the trouble is that is lower end Champ/League 1 and we need better, and we are not in a position to 'give games' to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here