Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walsall versus Brighton and Hove Albion - Official Match Thread

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion: Kuipers; Calderon, Virgo, Elphick, Painter; Bennett, Dicker, Navarro, Crofts; Murray, Forster. Subs: McNulty, Cox, Dickinson, Tunnicliffe, Hart, Carole, Brezovan.

Walsall: Ince; Westlake, Smith, Hughes, Sansara; Till, Mattis, Bradley, Richards; Deeney, Byfield. Subs: Parkin, Nicholls, Taundry, O'Keefe, Vincent, Mcdonald, Gilmartin.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Albion: Kuipers; Calderon, Virgo, Elphick, Painter; Bennett, Dicker, Navarro, Crofts; Murray, Forster. Subs: McNulty, Cox, Dickinson, Tunnicliffe, Hart, Carole, Brezovan.

Walsall: Ince; Westlake, Smith, Hughes, Sansara; Till, Mattis, Bradley, Richards; Deeney, Byfield. Subs: Parkin, Nicholls, Taundry, O'Keefe, Vincent, Mcdonald, Gilmartin.

Looks ok although totally un balanced LM again. That HAS to be sorted out this transfer window !!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Strong bench today. Calderon is a fascinating player....a complete unknown. I can't wait!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Calderon had better be as f***ing awesome as he is in my head

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Looks ok although totally un balanced LM again. That HAS to be sorted out this transfer window !!

Agreed. I'm a bit surprised that McNulty isn't playing there instead of Navarro. Perhaps Gus wants to play in safe away from home and that's the attacking substitution for later on...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Oh dear.

Navarro starts, no balance to the midfield. Elphick and Virgo at the back.

I hope i'm wrong but I can't see us getting anything from this match

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
The pitch is very tacky with a very low bounce an Albion force of 300+ and growing

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We don't know why JM is on the bench, although Painter has played at a much higher level than McNulty to be fair. Don't you like McNulty?

I didn't say that, but from what I've seen of him since he came into the team, he's been pretty poor, particularly at Torquay and Wycombe.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
hate playing with the unbalanced midfield, would rather see cox or mcnulty there instead of navarro

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Don’t know if it’s been asked but where can one listen to the match on the internet? Tried bbc south last time and got music, feck music, I want the Albion!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Not so sure about having two new full backs starting. In someways I hope Calderon is absolutely shite because whats happened to player of the season Andy Whing?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why do we persist with playing 3 centre midfielders?
No left winger in the squad, apart from McLeod who has been almost permanently injured. I think we'll see McNulty or Carole come on in the second half (especially if we are behind).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hoyte not even on bench? Bit strange go to the effort of getting him back on loan. Ofcourse its only 1 game and he might be injured I suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here