Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Walking Football Brighton.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Being of a certain age, and not the best back in the world (kids don't be a floorlayer) I am thinking of joining a walking football team or at least a taster. Does anyone have an experience or knowledge they could share on the subject, as could do with some exercise (covid diet) and I am interested.

I did find this link, but it looks like there are two teams only and they look like they have six players already.

https://brightonwfc.com/home

Maybe there is a NSC team ? or could one be started, or maybe that is a bad idea.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Being of a certain age, and not the best back in the world (kids don't be a floorlayer) I am thinking of joining a walking football team or at least a taster. Does anyone have an experience or knowledge they could share on the subject, as could do with some exercise (covid diet) and I am interested.

I did find this link, but it looks like there are two teams only and they look like they have six players already.

Maybe there is a NSC team ? or could one be started, or maybe that is a bad idea.

I play "ordinary" football in Brighton every Sunday morning, socially with a lovely group of people of all ages. I've currently got a knee problem, so when I play, I do play walking football! You are very welcome to join us. The beauty of our games is that you can run/walk as much or as little as you like, and no one will moan. We're all about just turning up, bit of banter, bit of exercise, all surrounding a game of football. We pick sides and off we go.
Please PM me for details if you fancy it. Give it a go, and if you like it, come again. If it's not for you, that's fine too. It costs nothing, and is jumpers for goalposts level. 90 minutes rain or shine all through the year. This game has been running for nearly 50 years. I joined in 1976, and it's still going!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Didn't AITC run several walking football sides at one point, or is that my imagination?

They did, but most of the ones they started up now run independently (which I think was always the idea). Off the top of my head there's Brighton, Portslade, Lancing, Rottingdean, Worthing plus a lot of others slightly further afield.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

No, there are two teams for tournaments, but the Tuesday and Friday sessions at Hove Park are good fun and very informal. Drop them a line to check times as I seem to remember they are changing during school holidays.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I go to Worthing football club for walking football. Saturday mornings 10 till 12. Great bunch of lads and new people always welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I started playing WF last year. I would thoroughly recommend it. It is hard not to run but you soon get used to it. It's great from a physical, mental and social perspective. I don't live near Brighton any more so don't know the situation re clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here