Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wales

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would ruddy love to see Luxembourg and Iceland qualify from the play-offs. I'm not fussed about Wales either way really.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I would ruddy love to see Luxembourg and Iceland qualify from the play-offs. I'm not fussed about Wales either way really.
the 3rd lot of play offs has some unreal potential as long as Greece mess up. One of Georgia, Luxembourg and Kazakhstan is MOUTH WATERING

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I don’t see why we can’t just do it like we do in the cricket, so we could play as England and Wales and just shorten that to England?

Every now and then for a meaningless friendly we could put a couple of Welsh players on the bench and agree to play in red shirts as our change strip?

I can see this idea gathering momentum……. 🤪

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Being a Scotland fan I was very jealous of the Welsh during the Bale years. Scotland haven't had a player of that calibre in an attacking position in my lifetime.

Post-Bale they are likely to be more of an occasional Euro's qualifier unless they unearth another gem

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Being a Scotland fan I was very jealous of the Welsh during the Bale years. Scotland haven't had a player of that calibre in an attacking position in my lifetime.

Post-Bale they are likely to be more of an occasional Euro's qualifier unless they unearth another gem
How do you think Scotland will do in Germany? I read that they will get a maximum of 9,000 tickets per game and expect about 70,000 to travel, that’s a lot of ticketless Scots in the German equivalent of Trafalgar Square then!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
How do you think Scotland will do in Germany? I read that they will get a maximum of 9,000 tickets per game and expect about 70,000 to travel, that’s a lot of ticketless Scots in the German equivalent of Trafalgar Square then!
It's the best Scotland have been since the mid 90's, probably even further back than that. Solid defence and midfield and a strong togetherness in the squad. Very little quality up front though but we'll be tough to beat as we showed against Spain and Norway.

However, we've rocked up to tournaments with excellent players many, many times (74 through to 86 in particular) and as is well documented have never got past the first round so we'll see. What has hindered Scotland historically is poor decision making and a failure to get the best Scottish players available in the team- seriously look up some great Scottish players and you'll be surprised at how few caps they got- Hansen, Robertson, McGovern, Archibald, Lambert etc got a criminally low amount of caps. What Clarke has been good at is simply getting the best Scottish 11 on the pitch and finding a system to suit.

Opportunity to go through in 3rd helps a lot especially as third seeds and yes as always Scotland will be very well supported

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here